Home Chat General Chat

Food on Longer Rides

Whats the popular choice of food on a bike.

I'm not talking sports drinks like SIS or whole foods like banannas,protien bars, gels etc.

I mean food in a bottle, there are so many brands out there.

On my currant rides i use SIS Blackcurrant but i know if i want to get up to ironman distance i need to look into something more substantual.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    I get sick of the taste of gels on very long rides (100mile+) and will generally pack myself something savoury. It used to be a ham sandwhich but am currently taking chicken and pickle (weird?? nah!!). I look forward to the point I take eat the sandwich, and it sorts my stomach out ready to take on gels again.

Having said that, I've beed using Powerbar "rideshots" recently on ALL my long distance rides and runs and I found they work really well. Only issue is they can be a bit hard to chew on the run, but if you keep them in you pocket of your tri-suit they become warm and easy to ingest.
  • I buy the pure product then mix it...

you can buy sugars from like myprotien.co.uk and just throw your own together, throw in random dilutable and hey presto...industrial strength energy drink

• Brind SurchBrind Surch Posts: 90
    i have found the shots taste nice but are hard to eat and dont keep me going as well as other food. I have been using the powerbar anticafe bars and find them really good

Andy

• thebouythebouy Posts: 61
    I did a 56k ride the other day and had to stop for an emergency Subway!