What training have you done today!

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    brilliant -was thinking the same thing!

eh !
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Jesster wrote:

Boys are geeks. [8|]

Ha Ha Ha Ha ,I am laughing so hard my sides are splitting,as the lady standing next to me is playing with her I pod Apps while using the computer.

I do it so that the newbies can see whether it is worth investing in a bucket load of aero kit or whether it should be spent better else where.It is also to assess my training fitness,but since you're not really interested and want to go back to looking at ponies down the flight line at London West,I'll shut up or there again I will not.

If being a Geek is being interested in your hobby,then them that are without sin cast the first stone.......I'm waiting.....
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Good swim this morning - 20 x 100. Tried to hold to about 1:36, but tailed off towards the end and ended up holding 1:40. I'm pretty happy with that. I'd like to go faster, but sometimes you have to be realistic. If I get around 24 mins for my upcoming OD swim, I'll be happy. I have sprint distance first (Blenheim) which should give me a good idea where i am at.
  • gomiboygomiboy Posts: 59
    Swam 1500m continuous at lunchtime in 32min; the pool was a bit crowded and slowed me down. Also did some sprints (8x50) and some breathing exercises, so probably totalled out at around 2k swimming. It felt pretty good.

Going to go for a cycle-run brick sesh tonight for an hour or so - until I get tired.
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Did a ten mile commute to work and back yesterday on my MTB 36 mins early doors with wind behind me then 38 mins 16 hours later at 11pm with a fierce headwind so i was quite happy with that!

Then a brisk open water swim this morning, flying past the breaststroking conehead! (not literally i must add!) with just the 4 hours sleep!
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Circuits tonight. Swim tomorrow morning. Short, fast pace run Friday morning, race Sunday.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    10k recovery run tonight .. well slightly above recovery but all done in 53 mins (low aerobic, going to have to sort my adding up out).
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I haven't reported for a week!

Once again VERY BUSY at work so I'm maximising all my training time

Last Wednesday 29th April - 80 mins Turbo session - no data as I could not find the computer

Thursday 30th no training due to work commitments and guess what same on Friday and Saturday!

Sunday 3rd May I did a 200kM very hilly cycling sportive or unofficial race which was very hard and very fast, I did ok finishing in the top group.

Monday recovery

Tuesday local cycling club's 25 mile TT in very windy conditions - I won in 1hr 2min

Today I recover as the plan is to ride another 25 on Thursday this time its a big league one where I be dealt a lesson in TTing!

• MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    None. All week. Been down with a really heavy cough and cold. Always hits the fittest worst!
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Oh, i didnt mean any offence by saying that boys are geeks. it was merely an amused, affectionate statement. In comparison to girls (in general) boys like to analyse things and work out how things work and study them. This tickles me. A friend of mine will take something apart just to see how it goes back together.

You do not see many girls doing this.

I, however, enjoy earth sciences and history. We all have a little geek in us. It's no bad thing. [8|]
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    @jon.E really, no one is laughing at you so it's okay to lose the sarcastic comments and spiky attitude. We're all mates in here, my friend.

And if i want to crash my bike on the flight line while looking at ponies, thats my business. [:)]
    Open Water Swimming tonight - did about 1,900m - including a timed 800 at about 15 mins - its improving.

Ran to the supermarket and back, then to the postbox and back, then 30 mins intervals on the turbo........

Its not enough....i know.....i'm :(
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Jesster wrote:

And if i want to crash my bike on the flight line while looking at ponies, thats my business. [:)]

I spend all of my working day watching planes so ponies would be a distraction for me.Please note I said working day,I do not collect registrations,which would be Geeky.

People have to be careful,the last person that took the p*&s out of me nearly drowned.

To prevent this being derailed,I did two back to back 23 mile rides at OD pace with a 5 min interval between.Not as quick as Treefrogs 25tt though.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    36km bike in total, this includes a 20km TT around Regents park - 37:06.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    swimming tonight.

500m but with good form... not racing - just making sure I do it better than yesterday

1.5 hr swim, varied session (as per normal), never follow any plan - bloody crap me. :(
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Jesus

An hour and a half

Christ on a bike I better get my head down and crack on with this lark

• pippip Posts: 170
    Aquick 5k run after work and pb 21mins 35secs
    45 mins on Turbo.......got a dodgy pain in my gut which caused me to pull up early.
    A 10 mile commute into work with a nice tail wind which i though was going to be damn quick but came in at 26 mins! oh well guess im just not meant to do it any quicker.

Got the ride home into the wind to look forward to at midnight then up at 6am for a swim and run at heron lake before doing it all again!
    I wish Clarkey ... 10 mile TT for me is about 28 or 29 mins best ... 26 mins and you not happy - I wish I could do 10 mile in 26 mins ;)

7.5K run for me tonight - 33 mins which is good for me :D - felt good running and good afterwards whichis a bonus.

85km Bike today. Taking in the sights of Essex and Hertfordshire.... I think. A member of my Tri club led the ride and I have no clue where we went!

Great ride though.
    40 mile bike this morning - amzingly felt good afterwards :D
    2km swim and 6 run yesterday although was in quite a bit of pain with my hip so may have to rethink running.

Today, so far 2k swim and 20 mile cycle. still feel restless though!
    10k run.......PB :)
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    OOh a PB.. how did t go Gary?

AS for me 800m sea swim yesterday..

40km bike today after Manchester Derby match.
    Going for a 12k run now.
  • gomiboygomiboy Posts: 59
    2k swim - 48 mins, which felt pretty good. I need to speed up a little bit, but I am now confident in my Ironman swim ability.

51k bike - which was really a bit like hard work, especially the 2nd half. Took me nearly 2 hours, although I did climb the South Downs near Brighton as part of the ride so I feel pretty good about that. 700m climb, 7-8% grade, about 3km long, so felt good about doing that one as well.

Was going to go for a run but the wife decided that I had to hang shelves in the living room instead. WTF, I said - we've been living here for 6 months, are shelves really that important? Stony silence not good. Off to hang shelves.

Swim in morning. Technique mostly.