Home Chat General Chat

Too light for an 808?

I have been offered an zipp 808 front, which I will probably pair with a disc, but I only weigh 69kg, and will probably drop to 67-68 soon. Will I find an 808 front too hard going in the wind? Am I better going for a 404?

Comments

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    I haven't a clue what you just said but i'm sure somebody else does... [8|]
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Tommi was the first 220er I met lastyear at Hereford...he is not 12, but tall & skinny, classic distance runners physique....oh & his Mum is great.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Britspin wrote:

Tommi was the first 220er I met lastyear at Hereford...he is not 12, but tall & skinny, classic distance runners physique....oh & his Mum is great.

Britspin,

If someone who was new to this forum read that then they would be concerned!!!

Its been a long time since Tommitri and Treefrog were on the forum, where have they been?
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I've been working shifts so I'm like a zombie, on nights at the moment so not much time to write on the forum.

Yeh I know conehead, I'm pretty lightweight for 6'1 ! think my BMI is about 19.5 or something now, but I am healthy!

Oh and I've lost about a stone since I last saw you britspin, are you doing hereford again this year? I thought it was worth entering for the £10 off!

Yeh I get what you mean conehead, I'm trying to weigh up all my options at the moment, planet x on sale, zipp 808s, zipp 404s, xentis. I will have a look at the enzos tho thanks.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I beg your pardon!!!

But I see what you mean.

But you should meet her.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    These are my current options

Zipp 808 front - as new £380, to be likely paired with a hed disc at £280

Planet x 50s tubs new 399

Planet x 82/101 mmmmm deeeep new 499

zipp 404, fairly well used 3 years old i think, pre dimples 500

hed 3s 4 years old, fairly well used 400

any thoughts?