Home Chat General Chat

Drafting

On a small domestic discussion....when you are drafting, its easier...right? When you are at the front and you are being drafted, is there any scientific evidence to suggest that it is harder....!

Is the affect of it being harder physcological or actual?

No pressure fellas, just gettin grief....you know...!

Comments

• loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    i'd say its just the same at the front as being alone i would say... the drafter benifits from a reduction in air resistance that lead creates...(which we all now) the draftee has to do the same work to get his body through the air..

I would say as its unlikely that someone who is drafting you could excert any sort of physical affect on you or your bike that any sense being harder is all in the mind...at lets face it its gonna piss you off if someone doesn't do there fair share

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    using drafting in training has advantages - the obvious is that it allows the drafting cyclist chance to recover and to maintain race pace at the same time. the other which i get most from is the push to overtake as you loose the effect of the draftstream and also the effect of having someone sat right on your tail psychologically pushes you further and harder. drafting in the rain aint so good - the constant upblast of dirty road water into your face aint all good.