Home Chat General Chat

CHECK LIST

I'm doing a sprint this sunday and was wondering if I've missed anything?

POOL BASED TRIATHLON:

GENERAL

HR MONITOR

TOWEL

SUN CREAM

SWIM

SWIM CAP

2 X GOGGLES

TRI SUIT

LAP COUNTER

BIKE

BIKE

HELMET

GLASSES

RACE BELT

BIKE SHOES

SOCKS

TRACK PUMP

SPARES

RUN

TRAINERS

I think I've got every thing - I have spares and inner tubes on my bike anyway...

Thanks

Oh - water bottles! with sports drink......anything else?

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    CO2 cannister?

'lap counter' blimey you're going to be chilled out that would be something else for me to forgt to hit the button on -
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    lol - I need a lap counter - I start forgetting after 8 lengths!

Cool, CO2 packed!
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    not sure but I think the norm is that you will have a lane counter who if you're as slow as me knows your name by the end and says encouraging things like - halfway, don't give up now, 2 left - yipppeee you've done it - she'd probably lost 2 stone and was dehydrated and desperate for a cup of tea by the time I finished[:D]
  • JuniacroodeJuniacroode Posts: 51
    Am actually rolling with laughter, Moonshine. I hope I have a nice lane marshall at my first, they'll know my life story by the end b/c I have to stop for a rest every few lengths, might as well start a conversation :)

Good luck Graham!! (sorry, haven't done a race yet so have no idea what you need)
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    JELLY BABIES [:D]
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    toilet roll

marker pen (optional)

safety pins

face towel

talc

cap/visor

camera

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    OMG G-man you are really very organised, you put me to shame! what time are you racing and where is it?

Do you have a box to put your stuff in if it rains? and talc for the socks (nod to Bopo) Gels for before the swim and on the bike. Safety pins in case they've run out?

I think you may as well let them count the lengths for you too, i believe the marshal's decision is final anyway......GOOD LUCK!!! x [:D]
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Jesster wrote:

OMG G-man you are really very organised

Err.. no. He asked the same question before his first Tri, and has just cut and pasted all the bits that were different [;)] A good technique if you ask me.
  • teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    How about a cap for the run.
    Jack Hughes wrote:

ORIGINAL: Jesster

OMG G-man you are really very organised

Err.. no. He asked the same question before his first Tri, and has just cut and pasted all the bits that were different [;)] A good technique if you ask me.

LOL unfortunately Jack I'm not THAT organised I had to sit there and type it up going through what i'd be doing in my mind!

It's be the sort of thing you'd thing you'd find in 220! A little check list card for all the common items!

Thanks Jess - It's the Exe valley sprint, (Tiverton) I'd gone for the novice event - It's the first one after breaking my foot!

TALC - It thought only imperial leather made that these days! I'll see what I can get tomorrow!

Cheers for the tips guys.

& good luck to everyone who's doing an event on Sunday!
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Banana and a milkshake for recovery after.
    Ah! good one MSquishy! all recovery drink/food now packed!