Home Chat General Chat

Rol call for Stratford.

BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
ooooops Roll call.....

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    So who is going to be there, start times have been sent out now, so its official....
  • i believe you have just experianced fail.

[image]http://www.lolz.se/fun/fail-1.jpg[/image]

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    MrSquishy present sir!

Start time is 8:03.45, don't know / can't remember my race number but I'll be wearing the same get-up as in the piccy on the left and riding the Silver Bullet so feel free to come over and say hi.

Rich
    I too am off at 8 something or other (8.08?) number 100 & something to be precise, there that helps doesn't it?
    Maybe 135....could be making it up...makes me wonder what swim time Lady Britspin put in....
    I just found all the start times on the website www.fun2tri.co.uk/Stratford-new/index.htm

Me = #136. Britspin you're #154.
  • d1j1m1d1j1m1 Posts: 4
    Hmm. 12:14:30. Late. Is that just because I'm doing the short distance I wonder.
    If you are super sprinting then yes..they start those waves later...but you will be there early won't you?
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    I'm off at:

Your start time is 08:49:30

Your race number is 319

I've been off training since 19th April :-(

My first tri and i can't wait but pretty scared that i've done no training for so long!!!

I'm the one on the green "shrek" trek....
  • dexydexy Posts: 1
    hi all, yeah ill be there, my 1st one, start time 12.35ish. one of the last ones, getting exciting now, looking forward to it all. good luck to u all,
  • mdjhammermdjhammer Posts: 4
    Hi, Stratford super sprint is my first attempt. Going off around 12:18. Number 1153.

Bring it on!
  • Donna BrownDonna Brown Posts: 22
    Hi Britspin

Was meant to be competing at Stratford but was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with cellulitis in the knee, but stiil there to watch my son in the team race, hope you have a good race and the weather is good.

Prospero
    Good luck to everyone who's at Stratford on Sun.

As i've said quite a few times [:)] It's my first so i'm feeling very excited and pretty nervous in equal measures...

Cheers

Will.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Good Luck folks......[:D]
    Good luck fellow competitors - weather conditions are looking OK for Sunday, should be good.

Rich - #136

PS. Bring your wallets as there's some good deals to be had on kit there - I went with 1 bike last year and left with 2!
    Mr.S, I think we may meet on poolside...if not I will keep an eye around the Expo for you furtively spending cash...
    I strongly suspect you will pass me at some point on the course but I'm going to hang on for as long as I can.

As for the Expo, I got paid yesterday so it could get messy!
    A pleasure to meet you Mr. Squishy...Lady Britspin wants to know why Mr.S...didn't manaage to catch up with the other 220ers sadly, but I believe a good day was had by all..expo was a bit disappointing. Altho those zoot shoes were nice, anyone know the best price for them...TFB had them at £80 or £90 less 10%.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    and the results....................?
  • nikkasnikkas Posts: 10
    Spoilt by StuWeb timing with instant results.

Fun2Tri nowhere near as slick.

Which of these two results 'extremes' is the norm then?

(Big shame about: http://leamingtonobserver.co.uk/news74687.html)

My g/f saw the ambulance on her way home but didn't know what it was for. I just ran in to a friend who also raced and she told me about this... terrible news.
    Stratford results are out...

1h13:53, 94th overall, 20th in age group and a PB in all 3 disciplines.

PS. Thanks to whoever shouted "Go Squishy" on my way out of T1 - gave me a real boost.
    So they are:

swim 08.08. (also my start time..)

bike 44.12.

Run 20.12.

Total 1.12.37. 65th overall.

Like Mr.S all PBs on this course. Might be 6th in age group...lost count.
    Well done guys!

Ah well I never made the top 100 ...

er... or 200 but then I'll have to learn to run.

Did you notice some of those run times - I believe under 12 minutes for 5km is a new world record?

And as for those time travellers who clocked over an hour for the swim but still managed a 1:08 overall - I'm well impressed [;)]

• d1j1m1d1j1m1 Posts: 4
    Came third in the baby race in a time of 1:00:32. But got beaten by a 15yo. I should be at my physical peak around now!

I think I'll go the whole distance in October. :-)
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Being a newbie, and thought I'd entered too much too soon, asthis was my third triathlon in as many weekends. Splits are:

Swim 08:16

Bike 48:48

Run 26:50

Total 1:23:54

338th overall.

Obviously need to target running, then bike.

As I'm doing the same race in October, when it's called the Warwickshire Triathlon, targeting at least a 10% reduction in all times.

and d1j1m1, go for the longer distance, no pint short selling yourself. I originally entere dthe Fun event, but upgraded to the Sprint about a month ago, as I thought might as well go the whole hog.

d1j1m1 wrote:
    But got beaten by a 15yo. I should be at my physical peak around now!

I'm hoping my physical peak is just late arriving..

and it's the 60 year olds beating me that bugs me!

Remember there are 50million other Brits NOT doing events so pat yourself on the back and roll on the next.

• mdjhammermdjhammer Posts: 4
    Well done d1j1m1.

I also did the baby race as my first. Really pleased with 14th place in 1:06 and that was with my chain jumping off because of a crap gear change on the only hill!
    PS. Thanks to whoever shouted "Go Squishy"

T'was me! Missed Britspin as had to go and get ready for swim!!

Really enjoyed it.

Times were approx:

Swim 8.40

Bike 46.00

Run 25.00

I had this all clocked at just under 1hr 25mins but official timing seems as though its all over the place. 1h 22?!?

Happy with the time though - all PB's. onto the next....