Home Chat General Chat

What to get

I bought the Trek Madone, although got the higher spec cos of insurance money and the colour!!!! they do models starting from around the £1400 mark, theyre full carbon, decent spec and lovely to ride.....

I know people will have other suggestions but i love Trek bikes!!!!!!! if its good enough for lance then!!!!!!!

Comments

• road or TT ????

• Scott WScott W Posts: 51
    Last months Cycling Plus did a "Bike of the year" reviewing 37 popular bikes. The price range was intended to be circa £1500 but due to exchange rates etc they did increase it a bit

Giant won i think, be worth checking out
  • teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    Want a TT bike
    I've got about £1500 to get a new bike but have no idea of what to get what does everyone think.
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Quintana Roo Tequilo 2009

or

Felt S32 2009

If it were my money i'd but the quintana
  • I was in the same position couldn't decide on a bike so bought the Dolan Aria Frame / Forks / Seatpost and had the rest added - Ultegra Groupset, Basic Base Bar, Stryke TT Bars, FSA RD 600 Wheels, nice Specialized seat that sits on the transition racks perfectly, pedals etc ......... if you have bits and pieces already you can use them - frame / fork / seatpost was around €940 (but thats euro's) ........... you'd easily build something for £1500.00 - aside of that there are some cracking deals around for Quintana Roo Caliente and also the Scott Plasma (brand new on ebay for £1699.00 - but he will do a deal as I enquired)

The Dolan might be worth a look - I love it and use it as my bike for training and racing as I've had set up not to be too agressive ............ everyone will have a different view ....... happy shopping !
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    I I had the money and it fitted properly, Id go for the 2008 Quintana Roo Seduza. And maybe upgrade the wheels later.
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Sorry to bring this back up,

But

Just came from Tri UK they have some excellant bikes in there.

They have a selection of the Quintanna roo 2008 build dropped down to £ 1299

And an absolutly lovely KUOTA KARMA FOR £ 1500.

Both of these looked like great deals, thought i would just let you know incase you still hadnt bought yet.
    Cool cheers Jelly legs.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Planet X stealth, no question. With the change I'd get some of their pro carbon 50 wheels too (I have these and they're f*****g lovely!!).

Have a butchers.......

http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/Stealth_Pro_Carbon_C18_Medium.html
    I'm very tempted to get the Giant Trinity Alliance Zero
    Ipswich which is east
    lol thats the place mate lol.

Thank u mr Conehead sir. If u had £2000 to get a bike what would u get?
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Have a look into the second hand market mate.

The great thing about road bikes on the whole is that they are often looked after better than mountain bikes, this is even more true for a pimped up TT bike as they will likely only see the light of day a limited number of times.

For a budget of 1500 you could get a nice bike worth 2000-2500 new so will have better spec. You loose the bike fit at the shop, but provided you get the right frame size this shouldnt be too difficult to do after.

Also with the economical times people are trying to offload unneeded possessions, so you could get a good deal! check out the forums, timetriallingforumco.uk, veloriders forum etc.

• jacjac Posts: 452
    The Boardman AiR/TT/1 is supposed to be the mutt's nuts, I think for 2K.