Home Chat General Chat

Weekend Results?

GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
How'd you get on this weekend if you were racing?

I had my first sprint tri of the seaon and managed a unthinkable 33rd overall and 12th in my age group.

Unlikely to be repeated so well chuffed.

Hope it went well for you?

G

Comments

• First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    First race of this year not seen results yet but managed 7.30 swim 400m, 46min cycle 15mile and 26.30 run 4 mile so pleased with that. Time for a roast and red wine now.

[:D][:D]
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    well done guys

what splits GHarv?
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    400m Swim - 6.21

15m Bike - 45

5k Run - 19.2

Need to up it on the bike and run.

G
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278

Still waiting for offical splits but, 8.57 swim, 45 ish bike and 29 run. 1.30.08 total

My transitions were awful

Ok for first one of season, at least i know what to work on, but what a lovely day for a tri.

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Raced Stratford today along with a number of other Forum-ites. Official times aren't out yet but according to my watch I went under 1h14 so am chuffed as nuts as my best time to date was 1h20.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    GHarv - that's outstanding buddy, stuff i dream of!

And well done to everyone else too!

I did a 10k today (first competitive 10K - if you can call it that - what i mean is that it's the first one i've done trying to go as fast as i could). Anyway, 46:30 (ish).

• steve785steve785 Posts: 52
    did anyone do horwich tri last week ??? what a killer for my first one of season!! cant wait for sprint tri chesire 3 weeks today yeeeeeha!!!
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    2.17 for 50m - nice time - as is 2.20.

G
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    I did a 10TT yesterday turned out to be 10.4miles, windy as hell! overall time of 23:11.

I hit the turn point at 13:52! averaging 22.8mph

I did the 5.2 mile return in 9:29, averaging 30.3mph

I finished 6th Overall and won £20! nice one!:) some WAT paid off as its gone in the wedding fund!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Conehead wrote:

I nearly shat myself about 3 times being blown from one side of the road to the other.

Not a race but I got blown across the road on Friday, leading to a similar near-shit experience. It really was windy.
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Conehead - I did the shaftesbury 10, its down Newmarket way on. Along the A11 dual carriageway.

The wind was awful! Thats 2 TT's Iv done this year and both have been stupidily windy:(