Home Chat General Chat

First Tri - woowoo!

meakiemeakie Posts: 124
Did my first tri today in Wilmslow, and it was great.

Bl**dy hard work but great and i cant wait to do the next.

The swim was fab, I overtook 2 people in my lane- wicked!

The bike I did in about 20 mins less than I had thought I would - wicked again!

And the run - well that was the hard bit, I do alot of running but boy did the jelly legs make me suffer.. cor blimey, I felt like an old person who had never run before, but then after about 10 mins was fine, just got on with it. Gritted my teeth and new I was on the last leg ( scuse the pun) and made it to the finish line with a sprint [:)]

Getting that road bike 2 weeks ago really made the difference for me.

Just meant I was working alot faster and my legs were more knackered! but hey, I had estimated 2hrs 20ish and I think I did the whole thing in about 1hr 50 if my timings were correct. I am WELL happy, I had aimed to do it without injury or a puncture and I actually achieved a far better time than I thought I could so I am doubly happy.

Woowoo! I cant wait til the next.

I was shaking like a sh*tting dog this morning setting up my bike in the transition area, not knowing what to expect and being surrounded by experienced triathletes.. thinking gaaaah I am gonna make a plonker out of myself, but now I am so chuffed I did it and I have the permanent ink no's to prove it. Lol

Aces! [:D]

Comments

• ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    CONGRATS :)

well done. mine is 2 weeks away.. can't wait!!
  • meakiemeakie Posts: 124
    will it be your first? good luck dude [:)]
  • scott_burrowsscott_burrows Posts: 381
    Hey Meakie, Well done!!

Your first experience and you excelled beyond your expectations... really well done..

Keep going with improvements like that and you'll be an age group winner in no ime!!

Scotty

thanks scotty [:D]

• ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    first of 5 this summer. [:)]
  • anitaanita Posts: 27
    ohhhh my gosh that is brilliant. I am very new to this as well and have my first tri next week. Bricking it already (excuse the pun). Just dont want to look stupid lol. Looking forward to it but a little nervous to. lol
    good luck hun, my goals were to just get round the course and enjoy it, the fact that I did extra brill for myself was a bonus.

you will love it!

if I can do it, anyone can! Have fun
  • squareclaresquareclare Posts: 99
    really well done best feeling in the world wen u finnish isnt it!!

wat were the distances??
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    brilliant work meakie...you are now offically a triathlete!!! glad you enjoyed it....and the saving on time...double bonus!!!! Cxo
    400m swim

15.5mile bike

4.5mile run

[:D]

( as I was running the last 2 miles I was thinking, how on earth do people do an ironman and run a marathon at the end of the bike leg! crikey dangermouse!)
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Good going Meakie :D