Home Chat General Chat

Falling over the finish line :(

So I did my first competitive 1/2 Marathon.. did well except.....

Got to the finish line, went to press the stop on my Garmin, while making sure I stamped down on the finish mat to record my time and managed to fall over.. TIT!!!!!

As the wife says would of been a brilliant picture if I'd managed to stay up..

[image]local://2475/D5CC71DB3D78420899A80321BD57EF85.jpg[/image]

Comments

• brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    hey scotty...at least you fell AFTER you crossed the finish line...better than falling over BEFORE you finished and people passing you....

well done on your half marathon! no way could I do that!!!

• willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Well done mate - what was your time ?

I'm way off that yet :(
  • scott_burrowsscott_burrows Posts: 381
    I got a Pb of 1:47:17

This was my 'A' running race of the year and I had a target of 1:45.. although due to injury I haven't run over 6 miles in the last 4 months so quite chuffed...

It makes me realise how hard the middle distance race might be........

• teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    lol thats some funny stuff dude lol.

But well done on the run.
  • With time and practice Scott, you'll learn to style it out. And no, there's no bloody way I'll be in any fit state to help you across the line at New Forest 70.3!!!!!!!
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Nice one mate, that's a fantastic time. I'd be over the moon with that result.

PS. Me and Mrs. Roberts would be delighted to see you at Windsor......we're at a Wedding in Canterbury on the Saturday so will miss you racing (with the early start) but we'll head straight over after we've had breakfast and will be around to celebrate with you!

Gazza
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Great one Scotty! Not only a well impressive race time but a great pic to boot!
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    well done scott!

During the leicester half a friend of mine was running with another member of the club acting as a guide as he is almost completely blind. As the blind runner was quite a bit faster than my friend it wasn't the perfect match and he subsequently ran him ragged. On crossing the finishing line my friend was so knackered that he accidently ran the other guy into the giant time sign thingy! Don't worry, he wasn't hurt, just a little annoyed.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Mr Burrows - That is a great run and it looks like you were falling over with style to!

I am in for the Bristol Half in september and have put down 1.45. What did you stick on the form when you entered as a finish time?

Well done dude. I cant see any pink anymore?
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Big guy i thought you were gonna take a trip several times on saturday morning!
  • hahaha thats something i would do as well.

Last night at the pool i was checking out a chick and managed to move halfway across the lane and nearly crashed into fat man nemesis (which would be sore).