Home Chat General Chat

The Dorset Tri Birds- Wish 'em luck!

So the time has finally come for the Dorset Tri birds (and honorary members) To compete.As by some stroke of luck i happened to be related to one of them I would like to be the first to wish them the very best of luck for this sundays Try-A-Tri.

Over the last few months they have acheived a somewhat celebrity status, almost to the extent of the great garyroberts or conehead!. So join me in cheering them on and hopefully we shall see their times right here Monday morning!

Good luck guys. See you there!

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    go for it girls you'll have a great time
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Ha, I bet we're all thinking 'please god, dont let me be last....'lol
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Good luck ladies.........we want to hear all about it on Monday.

[8|]

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    It's ok Jesster, I have a cunning plan-we'll find some old and knackered begger and pay them to take part just so that we know we won't be last.

But knowing my luck they'll turn out to be the Tri-nemesis!
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    best of luck ladies..you'll kick arse and have loads of fun.... remember to smile for the cameras and tell us all on monday...

What?! No one said anything about any cameras to me??!!
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    normally races will have someone professional taking photos around the event so you can buy them later on...or copy them (but i didn't tell you that)....on one hand it's great to get some action shots...on the other...when you're puffing and panting and all the bits you don't want on display are budging against the lycra...tis not a great idea....[;)]
    Lol! I looked like a red sweaty baby elephant in mine taken during the BB10K!
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    Good luck ladies! are you all wearing smilies? hopefully be fine weather!

[:D]
    Funny, i've never known cameras at the races i've done in the past. Note to self-must pay attention more!
    Note to self-must pay attention more!

........and smile!
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Am definitely liking the pay a beggar to take part and come last idea Cheryl- do you reckon I could ask the crazy fat guy who sings Elvis in the subway to do it for us? Oh and quick note to Jess found out I've gotta work Sat til 1pm so any time after that. Will send postcode on Stalkbook- looking forward to meeting you and Milo x P.S. erm, yes am slightly worried about being the slowest after my 'easy' run at the aquathlon and photographers??? WTF!!! Please no; not with the lycra!!!!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Smile & wave for the camera...good luck ladies.
    Please may i just point out that the camera adds at least ten pounds....

(In the words of Chandler, "How many cameras are ON you?!)

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    With the cost of photos nowadays that 10 pounds will go on developing!!!!LOL
  • lauraflauraf Posts: 31
    Good luck girls! Although I don't post much I do read all the threads and you lot with your 'can do' attitude are an inspiration to me, hope all goes well for you and looking forwards to reading all about it on monday.
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Good luck all, have an amazing time.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Go go go go go go! I'm typing myself hoarse here. Good luck. Can't wait to find out how you all get on. Looking forward to all the detailed write ups, and I hope your smilies catch the eye of all the eligible hot hunks. Or something.
  • JuniacroodeJuniacroode Posts: 51
    Good luck gals, I know you'll do great!!
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    good luck ladies one and all, if i can get to wareham after i've finished i will come cheer you on.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    All the best Ladies!!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Good luck to all competing :D - most of all enjoy it
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    come on girls how did it go? Hooked yet[:D]
    Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.
  • scott_burrowsscott_burrows Posts: 381
    Hey Cheryl.

Looks like a fansatic result for you and the other Dorest girls..

Things I've also leanrt from my first fewTri's.

[ul][*]Reccy the course if possible - normally this suggest the hills aren't as bad as suggested i.e. worst than they actually are.. (you also know there to hit the O button on the 2nd half of the course..)[*]Targeting the people ahead is a really good idea.. as a novice I find I'm behind a alot of the field, therefore targeting people infront is a good way of pacing yourself and a feeling good as you overtake people...[/ul]By the sounds of it.. you've experinced plently (so much more) anyway..

Scotty

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Great write-up Cheryl,

really pleased you and the girls had a good day.

G
    Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Well, I haven't laughed so much in a long time!!! Surprised my abs could take any punishment at all after the hilarity over the exploding recycling bag/ ironing board incident with Jess the preceding night!!

Anyway, I am not a morning person in any way shape or form so getting there for 6am ish was a mission in itself! Was slightly nervous before swim and managed to scrape my knee on the very shallow shallow end floor/wall mid turn but other than that was ok. The whole running in bike shoes in T1 wasn't as bad as I originally thought and I managed not to go arse over tit on my oversized bike whilst getting on. Hardly saw anyone on my bike leg- just a few MB'ers and as expected found the bike to run transition difficult. Well, the beginning of the run anyway as toes had no feeling!

Managed not to walk on the run at any point although Chris (and just about everyone else in my wave/next wave) blasted past me! I blame the bruised shins. And the sheer weight of the marker pen ink on my left ankle from the GIANT smiley that Jess had so kindly drawn on there for me. Ha ha.

Anyway, I made it, finished the first tri and did better than I thought I might. Cheryl and Chris were really great fun (Chris- loving the Zoolander poses on the run photos!) and Jess I think managed to entertain everyone in hearing distance (about 2 miles ha ha) with her liveliness and humour!!! Can't wait for the next one now!

P.S. Jess- I think Osc is missing Milo! I had to give him bacon fries at the pub! x
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    You Dorset Birds sound like you had a blast. I am really pleased for you all with the result!

A great story and it looks like a freindship has been forged!

Keep up the training ladies the season is young!
    We did, it was awesome! Jess and I have committed to doing the Plymouth OD (gulp!) so what about you Bex? Also what about Weymouth Sprint on 7th June? Bit pricey at £40 but worked out that entries don't close til AFTER payday! Nice local-ish one for you Bex....