Home Chat General Chat

Handlebar Palsy?

I think I might have handlebar palsy, have a painful elbow joint, tendon and have trouble with my grip of my left hand. Any suggestions? With the London OD just twelve weeks away, I cannot affort to take a break from cycling ....

Comments

• CCSCCS Posts: 53
    Hi - newbie here (though been lurking for the past few weeks since this triathlon lark started to take over my life...)....

Anyway, I was going to make a very similar post when I saw yours, as I was starting to get similar concerns. In my first race (Thames Turbo last Monday....fab experience), I started getting something very similar where I started loosing feeling in the outside of my hands and through the forearms in the latter stages of the bike section. I used to get something similar in the past on my MTB which I cured through padded gloves and adding front suspension forks (though that's obviously not an option here). What I have tried since which seems to have helped is getting some clip on aero bars. Did a 40k ride this morning with these, and hands / arms feel fine, so I am hoping this may be the way to go.

I was wondering if it might also relate to not having my bike set up properly for me - any thoughts?