Home Chat General Chat

Getting out of a wetsuit

Okay, I've had a quick search around and there's just too many posts to trawl through and not a direct question so...

What's the best way to get out of a wetsuit?

Brute force?

Bodyglide?

Baby Oil?

Olive Oil?

Scissors?

Must be honest, after my first OW swim on Saturday, I struggled to get my arms out. I am just weak?poor technique? Or need more lube?

Conehead - Please insert rookie training day link here...

Comments

• mikescotttmikescottt Posts: 48
    Not a tip to get out the wetsuit but one thing I'm going to try is holding swim cap and goggles in hand while slipping off arm of wetsuit while running out of water and letting go of them when arm is half out. Goggles and cap magically stay safely inside the arm of the wetsuit. Means got both hands free after that ... just a thought :)
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Great tip, not sure if I'll have the presence of mind to perform that one though. Will give it a practice in the shower tonight!

Any more tips guys and gals?
    That's just not fair Conehead... I'd be at your rookie day if it wasn't for my first triathlon getting in way!

How about a tenners donation to Team Laws for a few handy tips? Actually, send me the tips first then I'll see if they're worth a tenner.
    And you didn't even post the link...

http://www.chaserace.co.uk/

Will put the feelers out with the misses, see if I can get myself a freedom pass.
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Hi

theres loads of vids on you tube about taking off wetsuits personally I bodyglide the outside of Ankles and Cuffs and then try the roll down kicky leg thing but I find it a bit hit and miss but I always get out eventualy and it always seem soooo slow when you race anyway, especially if someone comes in next to you and just seems to kick theirs off in to a transition box in 1 foul swoop.

Get youself out in the graden hose yourself down and practice .

Mat