Home Chat General Chat

Tri shorts

tomtristomtris Posts: 135
Hello...

Im after some cheap(ish) tri shorts, new or 2nd hand.... where shall i look? Thanks

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    wiggle tend to be good, particularly if you have a wiggle habit like me and then you get a nice 10% discount on everything.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I got both mine on ebay!
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    md6 wrote:

particularly if you have a wiggle habit like me and then you get a nice 10% discount on everything.

Hello... My name is Mr Squishy... and I am addicted to Wiggle. I like the bit where it tells you "in the last year you have spent £xxxxxxxxx" !!!
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    total fitness nottingham and bath have some entry-level tri shorts at a reasonable price (i've ordered from bath before, they've been pretty good). i think they had 2xU comp shorts for £35, although i don't know how good the shorts are.
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    this 'wiggle' lark sounds dangerously addictive....
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Hi Mr Squishy, congratulations. Admiting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. I'm now 2 weeks clean... Although, I hate that page as the GAT officer always seems to come over and look when I'm on that page, then i get the usual: 'How much? what did you buy? Does that include...?' and I know that i am in trouble.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    I hate the way that all sports gear, esp Wiggle comes in a really obvious package, and Im never the first one home. So as I walk in the door and see the package, I get the "What did you buy?". What ever happened to good old-fashioned non-descript brown wrapping paper?
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Get it sent to work Bman[;)]
  • ipay1980ipay1980 Posts: 84
    i am wiggle fanatic myslef, there customer service is second to none.

for cheap gear/old seasons gear i would recommend JE JAmes cycles or evans cycles - i have just got my mrs some old gear, and me some more old gear for training. wiggle, sbr, tend to stock current year products
  • MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    Seems to me that Wiggle have suffered with the Euro exchange rate. They hardly discount anything like they used to. I agree that they are the bees knees for choice and latest gear though.

I got some really nice Sugoi tri shorts from here:

http://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2912&cPath=499_544

They are fab, very comfy, a fine swim and a great ride, yet to run in them - but very comfortable.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    thanks for the tip, mintymat, i might order a pair of the sugois for the summer (mine starts properly in a couple of weeks).

i've noticed that wiggle and chain reaction have both got a little less competitive with price. not sure if it's the exchange rate or the recession. to be fair to them their customer service has been fantastic the very few times i've needed to deal with them and sometimes the extra few quid is worth that alone.

• BexHBexH Posts: 226
    JE James Cycles have loads of 2005 gear really really cheap (£5 and under some of it). I got shorts and a top a while ago for training and would race in them. You can order off their site which is a tad uninformative but what arrived I was pleased with.
  • MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    I had a good look at the JE James site. They're great for the odd item and I picked up some lovely Shimano shoes from there, but I think there is a big difference between women's tri wear and men's. Female gear seems a lot cheaper whilst men can only get the odd item, usually in extreme sizes, at a cheap price. Just an observation.
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    MintyMat, I have to say, that makes a refreshing change.........