Home Chat General Chat

First tri - Woodhall Spa

Hi

Completed my first tri yesterday at Woodhall Spa, really enjoyed it as expected. Completed in 1:17:42. Although i have nothing to judge it against, i have to say it seemed to be very well organised (one step beyond). Cant wait for the next. Anyone else there and what did you think and who did you do ?

Comments

• johnashtonjohnashton Posts: 32
    Wow, 1h17 is class work. It's my second triathlon in woodhall and I improved by 4 minutes from last year to 1h19 which was my aim so quite happy.

That is a cracking time well done. The event is well organised but at nearly £40 I expect them all to be well oiled as they must make a fortune from each event.
  • just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Well done guys and congratulations. What are your splits and what were they last year for you johnashton?
  • tomo13tomo13 Posts: 24
    8:04 swim

T1 1:17

45:47 bike

T2 1:01

21:30 run

• nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    The Pacesetter / Onestepbeyond events do seem to be well run.

I thought it was a good event; weather was great, surprised at the warmth of the pool, given that it was a lido! The only problem I found was with swallowing flies on the bike section, as it was pretty warm by the time I got round [X(]
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    If you enjoyed this one, you could try Southwell in two weeks time, or the Last Minute Tri (also over the Southwell course) on September 20th. The Southwell course is a shorter bike ride but more undulating, and there’s a hill on the run too.

If you’re local to the Lincoln area, there are a series of duathlons at Stapleford near Newark – see [color=#800080]www.lincolntri.co.uk[/color] for details. They’re great training events; informal and friendly.