Home Chat General Chat

Ear plugs

How many people wear ear plugs while swimming.

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    when i fist started i did.......but after getting a bit of advise from the forum i decided to go without........only took a few swims to get used to not using them.

Lose 'em
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Never swim without them personaly.
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    i do but that's because i'm prone to ear problems... i don't use them in races tho as its another thing to remember to take out and not lose....just in training...
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    garyroberts wrote:

Lose 'em

Why??

• JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    I always use them in open water. Stops the inbalance and the dizzy feeling when you get out the lake/river/sea/pond/puddle
  • always use them personally (training and racing) as prone to the "dizzies" if you wear them in a race make sure you get the ones that you can grab hold off - I had an issue last year and the St John's Ambulance man had to take tweezers to one ear in transistion which cost me 5 mins ............
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    also suffer from ear problems, have now found a fantastic make 'Bio Ears' sold at Boots, not like those hard plastic ones that get stuck in your ear!...they are soft/jelly like and mold to your ear...easy to pop in and out...

not raced yet..but will probably use them in my first tri in cheshire...

• clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    I cant swim without them personally and it helps with the sailors legs big time when you get out!

I also dont suffer as bad flu like symptons or headaches anymore from swimming in the cold water as i used to!
  • trevtritrevtri Posts: 39
    i suffered with a bad ear infection and can not swim without ear plugs as my right ear fills with water i use the earex ones which are brilliant. i dont go into any water without em. for the seconds it takes to pull em out and chuck em in the transition box then well worth it

trev