Home Chat General Chat

Ride to the Beat

wondering how many of you go on your bike rides with your ipod/mp3 players on?

never run without it, yet not sure whether to ride with it

Comments

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Leave it at home my friend. cant race with it, why train with it. plus you need all your wits about you on the road these days....
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I do, I find I can still hear everything fine as my ipod earphones are rubbish. I listen to drum and bass, 180bpm keeps my cadence at 90 [:D]
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    not for me, i find it disengages me from the road too much.

i've grown to enjoy the sound of tyres whizzing on tarmac and my breath wheezing through my gritted teeth! [:D]

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I run with it but have never cycled with it and don't think I ever would.

• halfanironmanhalfanironman Posts: 129
    i always have it on long spins,runs.

if you cant hear the road, due to your ipod, your in more danger of going deaf, than being knocked down.
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Have mine on the turbo to relieve the boredom, and on solo runs. Never when out on the bike though, prefer to listen to mother nature being drowned out by the chelasea tractors clattering past me.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    spr1983 wrote:

never run without it, yet not sure whether to ride with it

Cycling on the road with an mp3 player? What next? A blindfold?

I like to give myself every chance of making it home again when I'm out on my bike so spr1983 definitely ride without it.
  • I ride without it usually unless im on a cycle track or in the park, like others have said, could stop you dying.

Running though all the way, dont like the sound of my legs rubbing together

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Ahhhh grasshopper....
  • jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    Spinning classes & Turbo sessions definitely need music to keep momentum but on the road you do have to have your wits about you.

I'd like to hear a truck or a lunatic motorcyclist coming past me than scaring the sh1t out of me as they begin to enter my peripheral vision [:-]
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Chrissie Wellington rides the bike course prior to an event with 1 ear phone in, listening to her MP3 player. She says it helps as she can rememeber what songs she heard at certain points.

But then i guess she has a support car and stuff, so road safety concerns are not really an issue for her.

I have ridden while listening to music. I stopped cos the wind meant i had to have it so loud i'd be deaf by 30 if i carried on.