Home Chat Race Chat

Eaton Super Sprint Sun 17th

joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
Shall be there trying to beat my last tri time back in September..aiming for 1h25...there I've said it on email - now I have to deliver[:D]

Comments

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Best of luck [:)]
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    If you could give me little push as you overtake me that would be great.

I'll be the guy who looks like he has no idea what he's doing, getting in peoples way and generally making an arse of himself.

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Ah you'll be fine Dave. You won't be the only first timer there. You'll have a ball! Just go with the flow.

Was my first one last year and I did lots of silly things like coming off the bike into T2 and was coming a bit too fast so when I jumped off my bike with cycling shoes still on and sort of skied into transition...

Funniest bit for me though was one chap last year on the bike leg in full carbon set up with aero helmet etc... getting overtaken by a young lady with a basket on the front of her bike... [:D]
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Well having a look at the weather forecast it seems its going to be a southerly wind, which means a nice little headwind from the right, when coming back towards transition. At least its a tailwind going out. Im going at sparrowfart tomorrow morning when its supposed to be partially cloudy, getting worse and more gusty as the day goes on. Hope they got it wrong again!
  • Scott WScott W Posts: 51
    did it today as my first tri (see other post) and a) there were lots of newbies b) everyone was friendly so as a first tri its a good one
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Flavadave - how did you get on? - shite weather today.... Jon, how did you do too yesterday, shite weather if not worse that today! I was well chuffed and managed 1h23ish...so pleased as was aiming for 1h25...yipeeeeee!!! That's what happens when you don't smoke for a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Hey Joolzd

Well with the weather as it was I wasn't expecting great things and yup... I was pretty close. Couldn't get my swim stroke going at all, so 8mins 37secs which I was gutted with. 3 mins in transition (stupid wetsuit), but bike and run went okay. Finish with a sub 24 min 5km so pretty please with that. Overall 1hr 20mins 20secs I think. Under 1hr 30 so can't complain.

More practice required and a post in the main section for everyone to have a giggle at!

Sorry I didn't catch you after my race, had a few bowel issues which I'm still dealing with..

Great time Joolzd, and well done staying off the fags! Keep it up.

Laters

Dave