Home Chat Race Chat

Henley on Thames Tri

Anyone doing this ? ? ?

www.fun2tri.co.uk/Henley-new/index.htm

Comments

• MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    I am! It will be my first tri ever and I'm looking forward to it a lot. Are you camping?
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    No mate. I live only 30 mins drive away so luckily I am getting there on the day.

Apparantly it's a good event, well run and well supported. I've not done it before.

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    I'm doing it too, it will be my second tri and i'm really looking forward to it. I only live in London so will be heading there on the day.
  • Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    I am thinking about it but nervous about the swim. Competed in a couple of duathlons last year. What's the worst time for a 400m swim? Not keen on staggering out of the pool hours after everyone has gone home!

• I think I will enter the fun tri. Im a very poor swimmer. But wiil try it!!
    You can find all the results from last year here:

http://www.fun2tri.co.uk/Henley-new/Excel/Henley Sprint Male 08.xls

I think it's quite forgiving in that it's flat, short swim, pool based.
    Slowest swim seemed to be around 15 mins for 400m.
    My 1st tri last year ( Thames Turbo) is a 426m pool swim.

I am like a bloody pebble in the water and I did 11 mins. There is no way your as crap as me.... seriously - do it. Don't miss out on a good event cos your worried you may be last.... who cares anyway.. someone has to be last out the water.

I'll be at the back of the field so you can swim with me if you like.

I did my 1st swim in 7 months this week so I am rubbish. The way I see it, there is room for improvement now I can spend more time on training.

DO IT.

• Well I have entered Henley...it will be my first Tri...got to sort the swimming out now!
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    a mate and i are also doing this...it'll be great if we can all catch up...even if it's for encouragement! i'm coming from london but only on the day...haven't worked out how i'm going to get there yet....

• Im doing the fun one. Are you doing this or the sprint?

Would be good to say Hi! [:D]
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Posts: 0
    I've not done it before but as I live just down the road I'm going to do it this year - see you there!
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Count me in as well.

It's run by the same crowd that did Stratford last weekend, was was a good fun event.

Get yourselves a T shirt then we won't miss each other.

Gary Roberts is the man to PM.

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    but gr is in a tent this week!

didds
    oh damn...and i just sent my order through to him for a t....when's he back? hopefully soon enough so i can get the t done...

i live in london and entered without actually looking on how i can get there....and surprise surprise...no bl**dy public transport will get me there early enough to start!... now i have to look at hiring a car....or cycling there on the day[;)] ... ummm 32k warm up cycle...me thinks not!

Bugger, No PT???? Oh I may have to convince my housemate to lend me his car.... What time does it start/registration open?
    brizzichick wrote:

oh damn...and i just sent my order through to him for a t....when's he back? hopefully soon enough so i can get the t done...

i live in london and entered without actually looking on how i can get there....and surprise surprise...no bl**dy public transport will get me there early enough to start!... now i have to look at hiring a car....or cycling there on the day[;)] ... ummm 32k warm up cycle...me thinks not!

You can camp in the school field for a fiver.
    md6 wrote:

Bugger, No PT???? Oh I may have to convince my housemate to lend me his car.... What time does it start/registration open?

well i asked and the first wave for the sprint is 9/9.30...not sure if this is the same for the fun tri (or super sprint)....

thanks for the camping tip but think i might try and see if i can get pt to a town near by and then cycle to the event..i'll look at it as a warm up [;)]

• heymonkeyheymonkey Posts: 45
    I came across this tread a week ago, had a look and I'm now in. I'll be camping as well I think, saves getting up too early in the morning. Looks like a great race, can't wait!
  • Dont worry mate, I did the Cardiff Try-a-tri in May and someone put 22 mins down as their swim time - for 400metres!

Rumour had it the guy practically walked the 400metres. Also, there were a few swimming a 100m then waiting and catching their breath before knocking out another and another.

See you in Henley - my first "proper" sprint!
  • Im very excited about it...my first triathlon! 12.22 Im off. [:)]

Theres a huge amount of entries.
    Start time just arrived and i start at about 9:40... which definately means that i need to borrow the housemates car. Which is good as he can take some photo's and stuff too, and keep the gf company while i'm flogging my way around the course.

What time does everyone else start?
  • 10:16:40 - which seems too precise to be true!
  • Did I read the race letter right that you can only put your bike in T1 no earlier 15 minutes before you start and you have to be in the pool 10 minutes before you start (or else get turned away).

So its a five minute window to rack the bike and get into pool area? Seems tight.

i'm 11:15:20.... and luckily for me that means i can actually catch the first train to henley that day..... i'll be sporting the 220 t...so hope to see you guys there....

re racking...looks that way...bit tight i agree...
    oh i'm number 407 btw [:D]
    Bizarrely I am number 1 and start bang on 9am! I'm beginning to worry I messed up my predicted swim time (8mins).
  • I am number 231, starting at 10:16:40 and think I put my swim time down as 9 minutes (ish).

Maybe it is quickest swimmers first?

• Well I think I put my swim time down as 13 mins (200m) but actually its about 7 mins. A bit worried .....should I email them and tell them. Swimming has improved a little since I entered!!!!!