Home Chat General Chat

help fitting tri bar

rmbrmb Posts: 22
just got my new boadman comp now all have to do is fit my tri bars that i bought from ebay.now do i fit them direct onto the handle bars or do i need to fit any sort of rubber shim in between the two.

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    pictures and sizes of handlebars/tribar clamps will be needed please!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    You'll only need shims if they're too big, if you see what I mean. Some tri bars eg Profile come in a large clamp size to fit 'oversize' bars, but have plastic inserts to fit normal bars.

If the bars fit, clamp 'em straight on.
  • rmbrmb Posts: 22
    thanks for the advice .mine are profile bars so i will see how they fit in the morning
    dam it finaly got some time to fit my bars i they dont fit. too small to fit on my bars so it looks like i have some profile bars for sale. thanks again for the advice guys
    they are profile design century bars trying to fit them on the standard bars that came on my boardman. the tribars are a few years old looking at them the diameter of the clamps just seems too small . i will try and post pics in the moring,
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    email Mike Feng at Profile in the states-he's amazing and if its possible to do, he'll do it!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    [quote]ORIGINAL: Conehead

profile as in profile design? what size bars have you got? scaffolding poles!

That made me laugh, I now have an image of the the guy trying to stick scaffolding to his bike

LOL