Home Chat General Chat

race day adrenalin

tomtristomtris Posts: 135
Hey...

How much time do you think ray day adrenalin will knock off my swim time? (if any) i'm being optimitic!

Comments

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    30s over 750m for me; best in training 13:03, first sprint tri 12:33
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    ah thats fairly good news then. I want to shave about 20s off 400m currently doing 6.29 and would like it to be more like just over 6. Got another couple of weeks to try and get it down. Thanks!
  • Does everyone find they knock time off their swim, bike and run on race day?

I honestly don't think I can go any faster on the bike but could really do with a few minutes or 10 being knocked off, not sure its gonna happen though.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I can't vouch for the swim or bike (yet) but i know i have always run faster on race days than in training, normally about 30/45 seconds faster per mile. Which over 5k is about 2 to 2 1/2 mins, the first time i ever ran consistent 8min miles was in a half mara, in training i couldn't reach that elusive 8min mile, then in the race i found the first 11 miles were at 8min pace. The rest of the race was a washout caused by missing the last water station and dehydrating a bit, but i finished in 1:55 not as good as i had intended but not too bad either.