Home Chat General Chat

to shave or not to shave?

EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
Of course you should.......

Ps I hope your a bloke [;)]

Comments

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Being a girl, and a non-french one at that......
  • EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
    i'm heading to IM Lanzarote on sunday! Should I shave my legs or not - my training partner and arch rival has shaved his but i wanted to enlist the help of you lot to decide whether i should...
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    do it, at the very least you'll get a nicer more even tan
  • Your dutch Jess thats no better:P

Dont shave your legs dude. Its all good in the hood for the first day (i did it for halloween) but once the itching kicks in youll regret giving it up.

You'll get used to the itching, my friend. otherwise people would NEVER shave their bikini lines would they?

We Dutch are especially tough and eat cheeky Northerners for breakfast [;)]
  • abrewerabrewer Posts: 41
    I'm in the "not to shave" camp on the basis that - it is very camp - and have been promised that I will get dumped by my girlfiend if I ever do it. Perhaps I could shave my legs and get a boyfriend at the same time......

However more importantly.... if you are doing IM Lanzarote and this is your biggest problem then good luck to you. Personally I would be more worried about the heat, hills, wind, nutrition, sheer distance etc
    Reasons not to bother using veet

1) The 'sensitive' stuff (for delicate bits) is so gentle as to hardly work. at least not on Dutch hair.

2) it means sitting with legs akimbo for about ten minutes (theres training to do, people!!) not a good look.

3) its expensive and smells weird.

This is however merely my opinion. other opinions are of course available.

• Stay hairy man, chicks love it.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    i have to agree that Veet stuff smells too bad, i used it on my chest once and the smell almost had me in tears. or that may have been watching as my manly chest hairs (yes both of them) dissolved leaving me looking like a 10 year old again
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Keep the hair! The time saved by shaving in a race is not really worth it is it?

I am not a real racer yet so havent even thought about shaving. I like the hairy legs its better than seeing my chicken legs.
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    I wouldnt recommend shaving in a race Blinkybaz! surely that loose you time! depending when you did it , could get dangerous like whilst on the bike! haha

I used to wax my legs, doesn't hurt too much despite what women say, and it lasts longer, plus I never used to get the itching.

I now shave cos I havent time in my busy work/train schedule to wax and put up with the itching.

• LimeycatLimeycat Posts: 29
    Can't say I've any experience of whether it'll help with the IM, but my last fella used to shave his chest and - er - certain other frontal areas, and it sure as heck worked magic on me... [;)][:D][:)]

• EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
    thanks for all your comments - I think what limey cat said convinced me. However, i don't think mrs St G being 7 months pregnant with number 3 will appreciate me wanting to try out my new shaved bits.
  • LimeycatLimeycat Posts: 29
    Good on yer Edstg - good luck for both the IM and the safe arrival of no 3... maybe if the shaving down works for the former, you can try it again after the latter, so that Mrs Stg can give you her considered verdict... [:D]

• Oh right your married? dude shave it all off, eyebrows too. Nothing better than annoying your missus with stubble [:D]

Good luck with tri and three!!![:D]

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    VEEEEEETTT,it's quicker than shaving,and the amount of bics you go through if your legs are like a gorillas,you'll save money,sod the smell.
  • Go for a wax :D

• andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    you should only shave your nuts......100% DONT shave your legs...
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Epilate!!!

The pain that causes will make the IM seem like a doddle...