Home Chat General Chat

Dextro Energy London Tri

md6md6 Posts: 969
I've just seen this mentioned on tri247 and thought that it would be great to do as it is near work so i could relax and leave all my kit at work on friday pick it up on the morning of the event and walk up to Hyde park. Great! so i go to register and they want £75 to enter. Now is it just me, or is that a tad excessive for a sprint?

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    P.S they also charge £28 for the t-shirt if you want one
  • mental money altogether !
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    yes - i was very surprised when i saw the amount. presume the cost is related to location
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Its expensive for any distance if you ask me. Probably is the location driving the cost up, but I wouldn't pay it for what's likely going to be a fairly low key event.
    I agree its the location and i noticed that it was being mentioned in one of the London eveneing (free) papers. And i think the elites are in part of the ITU World chemps, so i think it wil be more than low key Ron...i am severely tempted as it is just so convienient and i wouldn't have any extra travel costs for it...oh fook it, i may as well depsite the cost...
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Hmm - actually think you might be right. Had a good look at it just now. Just over 2000 athletes, but should be quite a few elites there, so should attract some good attention. I'll go along and cheer you on!
    Well I'm all entered, despite the rant about cost, i figure that the cost balances out against anything else I'd do.

Cool, cheers Ron It'll be great to have some support...I'll have to wear my forum buddies t - speaking of which i think i need to sort that out.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I'm interested, but yes... cost is an issue. Already laid out 70 odd quid for the London (sprint) Triathlon on the 1st August, and of course there's the WAT (Copyright Conehead) to consider.

Likelihood is I'll have signed up by close of play today and I'll be mentioning it in passing to the misses tonight.