Home Chat General Chat

Second Hand Bike Web Site

hi han382,

i had exactly the same problem! couldn't believe how difficult it was to find a 2nd hand road bike. i did end up getting one on ebay however as just decided to take the leap. thought there would be loads of websites and that local bike shops would have loads but it just doesnt seem to be the case!

Comments

• han382han382 Posts: 80
    Can anyone recommend a good web site for buying a second hand bike? I've looked on ebay, but would feel slightly more convinced buying from a site of like minded people that might have looked after their equipment. I bought a second hand mountain bike from bike magic a few years ago and it has been awesome-but I'm totaly new to road biking-any thoughts would be well received.
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    i got mine from adtrader - £15 for a pristine early 80s reynolds 531 tubing bike - whooped a £1K mountain bike in a race! just put some continental gator skins on!
  • Not a website, but try Cycling weekly. They usually have a couple of pages of second hand bikes for sale. Always worth a look and you'll find something to suit all budgets.
  • han382han382 Posts: 80
    Thanks all-I'll pick up a copy of Cycling Weekly later today!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    You could try gumtree as well, they're usually a few half decent bikes on their, depending where you live of course.
  • rsc198rsc198 Posts: 9
    Hi,

There are all sorts of places to look, try the 220 for sale section ont he forum, as well as the tritalk forum...

Also came across this the other day, http://www.triathlontrader.co.uk/ which seems pretty useful, although could do with a bit more traffic!

I got mine from ebay though...

Good luck

Ru

• love2trilove2tri Posts: 7
    Hi,

i have never bought anything from this site nor have i sold but onceridden.com is a site that sells second hand bikes!

It could be worth a shout?

• starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Theres not much in this weeks cycle weekly mate.
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    You could always try your local free ads. If you're worried that the bike may come from a non-cyclist, you could always take a knowledgable friend with you, if you have one. I got my town bike that way, from a bloke moving to the States - £30, a retro Peugeot, and it's just perfect (but it did cost £85+ to do up!).

We've also bought second hand bikes from ebay. It's just a good way of selling bikes, for cyclists and non-cyclists alike.