Home Chat General Chat

Blenheim start times

MowfMowf Posts: 272
Are now online on the event website. I am going off at 12:20 - right in the midday sun...

Anyone else doing it?

Comments

• clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    i cant open the attachment aas i havent got xl on my computer!

Why does this always happen.

Ps i did the 1300 hrs start last year and got burnt!
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    any chance you could look at mine? Chris Clarke
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272

Male Sprint

L

SUNDAY

14:00

Chris

Clarke

Here you go.

I also got burnt last year. I ended up with lovelly strap marks on my back thanks to my tri-suit.
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    My mate and I are doing it. We're both middayish on Saturday
  • rickystayterickystayte Posts: 10
    Hi Everyone. It's my first go at a tri at Blemheim and I'm off at 13.00 on Sunday with a work mate off at 11.20. Can't wait but getting very nervous at the same time.
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    It's an awesome day. Don't expect a fast time though - it's rock hard.
  • love2trilove2tri Posts: 7
    I am off on the sunday at 13:20... Cant wait.

If anyone has done this before and has a few mins would you be able to give us a bit of a break down of the race as i have heard the bike course is a little hilly?[8D]

Any info would be appreciated.
  • EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
    the swim is a real joy, as its pretty straight and therefore not too much need for sighting. you will do lots of chanting pre swim to get you in the mood. its pretty quick as well. the run back to transistion is pretty steep

The bike is a bit hilly and you have to go over cattle grids, but on the day they will have carpets over them so they are no real problem. it can be a bit tight with lots of people on the course so you may get lots of people shouting " on your right" at you. just be aware.

The run is great due to scenery keeps your mind off the pain...

you do not get a better transition than blenheim, amazing venue and great race
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    WOOO HOOOOOOO sunday @1200

I love the baking hot sun nothing better than melting on your bike, at least ill have plenty of time to worry and repeatedly check my bike.

• julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I'm off at 13.20 on Saturday, and a couple of fast girls I know are off 20 and 40 minutes after me. Nice one, organisers! I'm hoping they won't blast past me til I'm out of the water at least....

I'm a bit nervous about the start; I've never been in a bundle of 87 people in open water before!
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Ah...13h40 on the Sat...marvellous I am a lover of the afternoon sun!!! Shall be there on the Sunday also, but working so can cheer anyone on that needs it!!
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    10:40 on Sunday morning.

Hope the lake is warmer this year.
  • PlumbudPlumbud Posts: 9
    I'll be there Saturday at 13:40. Its my first tri and I can't wait, have been telling anyone who will listen! Am slightly nervous about the swim and the prospect of being bumped, barged and swum over!