Home Chat General Chat

Software Question

Basically, what are you more likely to use?

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I am a calendar user. I might change and use my outlook express calander.

I will go for something on my computer then!
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Currently using SportTracks which is a standalone program, so that's what I'd use again.

How close is this to reaching Beta stage? Or is it a long way off yet?
  • its about one more neck injury off the beta stage [:D]

My home computer is on the blink so i need to wait until the repair comes back before i can proper code it.

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    I use SportTracks now, find it does almost all of the stuff I want, to use it across multiple computers I keep the database file it saves to in a Live Mesh folder that syncs across all my computers.

I used to use mapmytri but I found it could be quite awkward to input data, plus they want you to pay a lot to get the reports.
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    jibby26 wrote:

I use SportTracks now, find it does almost all of the stuff I want

How do you record your swimming on SportTracks?
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    [toPh] wrote:

How do you record your swimming on SportTracks?

Swimming is where it is not very good - maybe someone will write a decnt plugin for it, but I have found it is just as adequate as any of the other programs I have used. I have an activity for Swimming, then sub divided it down for the general standard sessions I do, e.g. Drill Session where it is drill orientated, Short Sets if i'm just doing 10 x 200m etc etc.

When I started using it I just put the splits for each set into the notes section, and I still do this for the drill based sessions. Recently I've being using Excel to calculate the elapsed time so that I can manually enter splits for the workout. I've changed the units for the activities as well so swimming is set to display distance in metres and have pace rather than speed.
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    damn I seem to be a few years behind people I log all my training in a book with an old fashioned thing called a Pencil.....

It hasnt crashed yet!!!!