Home Chat General Chat

wetsuit lube in town

Anyone got any idea where I could pick some wetsuit lube up in a normal town? ie. no tri-shops!

I've tried the local surf shop but no luck.

I live in Leicester by the way.

Thanks,

Tom

Comments

• abrewerabrewer Posts: 41
    I doubt you will have much luck and if you don't have time to go to tri shop or buy online I would suggest the following.

Likely to be sold at the open water venue or event you are going to anyway. Triathletes are a great bunch and most would be happy to dish some out to you anyway but as a fall back you could nip to Boots for some Vaseline. I know it is not recommended but surely can't hurt once.....
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Er..... mail order... the tinternet ? ? ?
  • Try a running shop. I got mine from one and I know a few stock wetsuit lube because more and more people are doing tri now.
  • herman3101herman3101 Posts: 7
    My local sweatshop sells bodyglide. There's a new sweatshop opening in leicester in the next few days http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/storefinder.cfm?shop_ID=35 .
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    I've seen people using cocoa butter, or try Lanacane, both available at Boots. The butter stuff is also available at Body Shop.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    A few members on here have suggested olive oil too, although not sure if it's standard, virgin or extra virgin.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Would that depend on who is recommending?
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    Jonhinio wrote:

I've seen people using cocoa butter, or try Lanacane, both available at Boots. The butter stuff is also available at Body Shop. 

hmmm you wouldnt mean me perchance regarding cocoa butter? or do other poeple also like to smell of hazelnut when swimming! twas a good swim this morning! conspiracytheory good luck with the swimming!