Home Chat General Chat

A whinge about Felt

Ok, so after waiting a few weeks after ordering i eventually took delivery of my new B12 yesterday - i took the plunge and ordered a tri-bike despite being very happy with my Cannondale road bike...

After the shop set it up and fitted it for me i took it home and went for a spin.

I needed to make a minor adjustment to the aero bars but could i budge the allen-bolts? Not a chance...took it back to the shop, their mechanic couldn't shift them either, they called the local Felt rep who happened to be in the area....he even had a go to no avail...bottom line is they have had to order a new set of bars which they are going to replace FOC...

all in all, not happy...has anybody else had a similar problem with Felt?

Comments

• pataallenpataallen Posts: 94
    i'm going to wait until its all sorted before i kick off!!!

apart from all that, the bike's awesome!
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    pataallen wrote:

i'm going to wait until its all sorted before i kick off!!!

Errrr, what have you got to kick off about?? The bars are faulty, they are replacing them........Theres not alot else that can be done, ok so there is a fault with your bike its not ideal but its one of those things unfortunately. If they would've said "bollocks you fix it" then there's an issue but theyre sorting it so why "kick off"??
    MG wrote:

Errrr, what have you got to kick off about?? The bars are faulty, they are replacing them........Theres not alot else that can be done, ok so there is a fault with your bike its not ideal but its one of those things unfortunately. If they would've said "bollocks you fix it" then there's an issue but theyre sorting it so why "kick off"??

Maybe the fact that i've had to make 4 x uneccessary car journeys back to the shop so far and at least another 2.

Maybe that my bike was in the workshop all yesterday when i planned booked a half day at work for a training session.

Maybe that my bike will have to go back into the workshop for at least another day

Maybe that i just shelled out £2k and its faulty....

or maybe i'm just too fussy?
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    I can totally see where you are coming from but please ponder this - your a lucky owner of a bike that costs £2k.

Enjoy it

haha, thank you!

but don't tell the missus....her reaction was why have you spent £500 on another bike!!!!
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    pataallen wrote:

or maybe i'm just too fussy?

Yup, thatl be it..........
    LBS have just called to tell me that they are now not going to replace bars, but attempt to undo the bolts and give me 4 new bolts instead.

I think that this is unacceptable - and may now push for a refund...MG...what are your thoughts on this then...personally, i don't expect this for a £2k bike.

Given that neither I, the LBS nor the FELT rep could undo the bolts i'd say there is more of a serious issue here...any legal beagles out there?
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    as long as they fix it asap, who cares?
    cheers for advice. full refund given today, no quibles. can't say fairer than that!
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    So - what you going to get now ? ?

very good question!!! I do really like felt, just a bit put off now - i know that you can't stereotype them by one experience but...
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    its not stereotyping them.

Try the Focus Tri bikes, always do well in magazine tests.