Home Chat General Chat

Where do you keep your bike(s)

I keep mine in the En suite bathroom - the wife doesn't understand the shed just isn't the place for her. ( the bike I mean)

So, where do you keep yours and does it cause a problem with the wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/dog ( delete as applicable)

I so hope I'm not the only one.................

Comments

• bed room :|
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    they should both live in the conservatory but one is a bit of a madam and has taken a shine to being in the dining room, gets a bit annoyed when people are over for diner and she has to go back into the conservatory
  • Brilliant - myself and the wife have had this on going discussion as to where my bikes are to live ............ I had taken over my daughters play room downstairs with the road bike up on the trainer and the TT bike housed in the room along with all my bits and bobs for training etc.

We compromised - I got a massive 14 x 10 ft pressure treated shed its fit all the normal boring stuff and now my bikes with more space than I had before - everyones happy !!!

The ensuite bathroom made me laugh ................
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    On the landing.
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    Conservatory despite having a perfectly suitable secure shed. The nights are still a tad chill....
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Your all joking eight! We actually need to have a bike?

I keep mine in the leanto! Its not the best place but Mrs Blinky would do really unpleasent things to me if I put in bedroom.

I am supposed to be buyiug a bike shed for Flossie to go in but there isnt room in them for us both!!
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    I'm currently in negotiations with Bwoman as to where a TT bike would go (requirements being finishing my degree and going sub 2:10 (she's tough!!) at OD). The shed has three bikes in already so I think some shiny carbon might complement the walnut of the spare room nicely.
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    In the garage with all the other deTRItus!
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Yeah the garage for mine too!

My wife gets so sick of kit everywhere - I now have 3 boxes - one for swim, bike & run!

that way I know where everything is - nothing worse when you can't remember where your glasses are!
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    I have mine in the brick shed in the garden which I insulated carpeted and heated just for her...

Also have my turbo in there with laptop and fan and a wardrobe with tri suit wetsuit and all other manner of Tri related stuff (I have been considering putting a bed in there and just moving in myself)

this is causing some probs with my good lady as the lawn mower, strimmer and leaf sucker thing have all gone rusty and all shitty after spending the winter outside .

I told the wife the alternative is I move all my tri stuff into the bedroom so shes happy with the shed come training room arrangements

Mat

• danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    After having 1 bike stolen from our garage, where I had it chained to the concrete block with a motorcycle lock and a 90x10mm steel lag, my girlfriend doesn't complain at all about the second bedroom being a bike workshop! As long as no one is sleeping there. Then all but the racing bike have to suffer the indignity of being put on the landing, with the racer moving to the dining room.

• [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Mine are both kept in the hall, behind the hoover.

Girlfriend isn't too pleased about it. But they can't go in the second bedroom or the en suite so hall it is!
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    Two in the lounge and one in the bedroom at the moment, 3 bikes in a one bed flat is not good for relationships!!!
  • CCSCCS Posts: 53
    In the garage with all the other kids bikes / windsurfers / toys...

The fact that I have bought a new bike has caused quite enough domestic dispute(...what's wrong with your MTB...well, it's 10 years old and weighs a tonne...) without causing any more.

As a concession to security, I have however actually started to lock the garage on a more regular basis.

I'm not playing this game right, am I?
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    keep them in my loft along with the gf
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    in the kitchen....luckily i don't have BAT or HAT to contend with so i quite happily spread my tri gear over the flat [:D]
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    She has a conservatory all to herself, along with all the other tri gear, I sold the table and chairs to make more room, which didn't go down too well !!!
    brizzichick wrote:

in the kitchen....luckily i don't have BAT or HAT to contend with so i quite happily spread my tri gear over the flat [:D]

Cheater!

(I'm jealous...)

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    Brizzi you have the right idea here, I wonder if the GF would move into the conservatory so I can move the tri stuff into the house?
    danny_s wrote:

After having 1 bike stolen from our garage, where I had it chained to the concrete block with a motorcycle lock and a 90x10mm steel lag, my girlfriend doesn't complain at all about the second bedroom being a bike workshop! As long as no one is sleeping there. Then all but the racing bike have to suffer the indignity of being put on the landing, with the racer moving to the dining room.

I've heard of someone locally who got a bike nicked off the roof of his car on his drive, then the replacement nicked from a brick garage. Hence mine lives in the house!
    Leaving it on the car - awful idea. In the garage though, if you've got a good door and locks, you can't blame him for that!

I want to get some ceiling hooks and store them over the desk and spare bed the way they do on the team buses and free up more space for new bikes to move in with us.

Check out: http://velonews.com/article/92018/giro-tech-tools-of-the-protour-mechanics for some good use of space ideas
    I think it was on the car just while he opened his house and took other stuff inside - ie he was followed home. Apparently the guy in question keeps bike#3 in his cellar.
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    In the brick garage locked and behind locked access gates....I still worry though.

I have, however, started mentioning to the GAT officer that "of course when I get a carbon bike she'll Have to live in the house". This was not greeted well, especially after pointing out that someone has 65 pairs of shoes plus seems to be using half my wardrobe.

I'm also floating the idea that if we have no kids and move out of London we could have a walk in wardrobe for her and a kit room for me, no problem. This idea was also not greeted well [:(]
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Mine and Chris's are in the lounge. This caused some aggravation with my heathen (non triathlon) daughter who thinks that lounges are for sofa and tables etc. Things stepped up a notch when I bought Teresa (Trek) and there were three bikes in there but have now reached meltdown with the arrival of Polly (Scott Plasma 10) yesterday.

Because I am an understanding and caring mother, I have put my hybrid (Gilly) in the shed.

Who says there is no such thing as compromise??
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    well BB was in the large, underfloor heated end barn with own bathroom but that was not met with much joy from rest of barn inhabitants so now she's kicked the shetland out of her stable and has her own rubber matting[;)]
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    kitchen - where it belongs.
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    He used to keep me company in the living room but since owning my own place he's now happily in his own place too, in my fabulous indoor shed![:D]
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Bike 1: The Cellar

Bike 2: Outside in the special shed.

Bike 3: Mounted on the Turbo in the dining room.

It's a function of how much they are used (need to access), with cost.
  • dcdc Posts: 10
    Bike 1: on the turbo in bedroom

Bike 2: in the bedroom too

Its the only place for them - save from any thieving mongrels, and more importantly my lay about student flat mates...
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    road bike in my spare room AKA my study, MTB outside under a cover!