Home Chat General Chat
Options

bike question, Valves

andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
Buy a track pump - you'll get the full PSI in the tyres easily.

Comments

• Options
    Hey guys, i know there are a few of you who are bike experts on here so i'm looking for a bit of help...though it may seem silly.

i got a new bike recently, a claud butler urban 300...its great...anyway i got a puncture and realised it has these tiny high pressure valves to pump up the tyres.

I went to a bike shop and got this little collar to go over it to make a conventional pump or compressor fit however i'm having a real problem getting high pressure into the tyre.

you undo this locking collar on the valve, put the adapter on but as soon as i attach a pump or compressor air rushes out....and it seems i can get about 35psi in but then air must be coming out as fast as it goes in so i cant get them up high (the tyre says 75psi)

any ideas, can i buy a specific pump so i dont need the adapter???

Hope you can help
  • Options
    great....whats a track pump????
  • Options
    j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
  • Options
    ahhhh, i seen them in the bike shop...will one of them deffo do the trick??? why are some £70 and some £17??
  • Options
    Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    For my monet I reckon one around 20 quid does it all. Dual valve thingy, ball needles and gauge thingy built in. Now, gas canisters for racing, there's a thing...