Home Chat General Chat

stupid question I know!!

A year!!!!!!!

Bloody hell.

Er...... carefully

Comments

• kinbarkinbar Posts: 15
    How do you get race numbers off of your bike after they have been on there for a year without taking the paint off!!
  • ....hot water?
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Leave a tea-towl soaked in very hot water + drop fairy liquid on it for 5 minutes to soften paper, peel away paper and then rub with a warm, damp soft cloth to remove any extra adhesive that is left behind. Avoid using anything that has a hard edge.

Be careful with a hair dryer/heat gun, if it gets too hot this can damage the paint and can also do very nasty things to the epoxy on carbon frames/seatposts.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Don't bother,just put the new race numbers over the top.If you decide to remove said number,put some masking tape on the frame for the new numbers to fasten too,it'll help remove them later.
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    yeah, but Conehead's got to do something with the Nicky Clarke hairdryer he bought 10 years ago...
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    PC_67 wrote:

yeah, but Conehead's got to do something with the Nicky Clarke hairdryer he bought 10 years ago...

You mean he doesn't just shave it all off for aerodynamic reasons? [;)]
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126

I've always struggled to keep the bloody things on not take em off.

Just make sure your the same number in every race you do in the future.....

Sorry no sensible advice to give.

• julesojuleso Posts: 279
    Furniture polish. Spray it on, leave for a few mins, should come off a treat.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    You can buy a product called "Sticky stuff remover" ... probably get it on Ebay if you can't find it locally - its about £3 to £5 and is very good at getting stickers and the like off things.

Alternatively You could stick the number on a thin piece of perspex and attach under the seat with cable ties, I do something similar to this but attach to the bag under the saddle ... I know some people don't use these bags in races but I do.

• nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    Buy a new bike, go you know you want to.

• kinbarkinbar Posts: 15
    Thanks for that.

Furniture polish did the trick in under a minute !!