Home Chat General Chat

On line training plans/logs etc.

I was have a scout round for some sites which allow you to create a training plan/record of logs etc.

And came across this trainingpeaks.com. There is a free version - but of course they want you to upgrade. Anyone have any experience of this? Or of similar.

What I want is to be able to enter a plan, and then record training records. It would be nice to have a broad sweep of data - for three disciplines (at least), gym workouts, plus basic physiological stats, nutrition, injury/pain/sleep - really everything that you want to record/measure.

Ideas!

@Comanightrain - how far off is your plan for such a site???

Comments

• stratoTomstratoTom Posts: 36
    Hi, I'm relatively new here, made a post here and there a couple of times, and I'm also interested in something like this. I think being able to consolidate all 3 disciplines into one 'all-inclusive' plan would be extremely useful. There are plenty of 'run plans' and the like, but nothing really triathlon specific.

• I use a spreadsheet set up as follows:

Runs plan, runs done, bike plan, bike done, swim plan, swim done, extra sessions

One row per week, and use the add comment feature if you want to add detail on a particular session

You could add in extra columns for you physio, nutrition etc. The beauty of a spreadsheet is that it's modified to meet your requirements and you can add extra data columns at any time. Plus, it's v. portable from computer to computer.
  • Jack Hughes wrote:
    @Comanightrain - how far off is your plan for such a site???

Right now im thinking of some sort of amalgum of both site and software...cause moving data files means that girls wont use it...but making it entirely web based will probably not be helpful for those without full access...hrmmmm

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    I use a spreadsheet but recently started using www.triblogs.com this lets you plan and record and is free
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    What I want to do, expect it has been done already though, is invent a "social training" web site - where every one can pitch in and make suggestions, possibly even changes, to the plan. A bit of a wiki type thing.

If I had a spare second I might look at an add on to facebook - as much of the infrastructure would be there already.
    Will check out triblogs.com

Looks promising. A sort of "What training have you today" site!
  • TriBlogsTriBlogs Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I am developing TriBlogs.com and just wanted to say your all welcome to use the site. If you have any ideas or find anything that doesn't seem to work let me know via the site. :)

Dave