Home Chat General Chat

Open Water swim sessions

husslerhussler Posts: 237
Boundary Park

http://www.uberfitevents.com/news2.html

Not been myself.

Comments

• husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Nice one! Ideal, I cycle past Holmes chapel on some of my long rides anyway so well within distance.... Also looks like you get coaching and you can try out the 2XU wetsuits.... Wouldnt mind trying the V:1 to see how it compares to my 2008 Blue Seventy Helix:)

Cheers Jules:)
    Does anyone know of any open water places to train in around the Stoke area??

Dont mind travelling as I can get the missis to take me with my bike and ill cycle back, so anywhere upto 40-50miles will be fine but nearer would be better :)

• agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    Went today and its great! Well run (there is a hot drink and food waiting for you when you get out), water isn't too bad and some excellent advice available if you want it
    sounds good! I think I will struggle getting down there on a weekday, im not usually home until gone 6 from work! but I will try:)

Anyone know of somewhere that you can go at the weekends?
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Someone I know went last night and recommended Boundary Park. I might give it a try next week.
    Excellent!! thats just what I need! Cheers Conehead!:)
    I could try......

are you sitting comfortably..... now close your eyes,

You are chasing Lance Armstrong, picture him in front of you and your trying to catch him. Thats what I do lol....
    Sounds interesting....maybe we can create a super monster.... one that no-one can touch....and we could walk the run leg and still win cos we would be that far ahead??

I noticed that the club OW swim you mentioned for the Sat sessions, you have to swim in pairs?? Ill let you know when I plan to go there... once my coach sorts out my prog :)
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Hi Hussler The Barton Marina OW swim sessions are organised by my club MVH but they are open to anyone, non members price is £4. You will need to download and fill in a declaration form on your 1st visit, (there are forms available at registration). It does state that you need to swim in pairs but if you are a competant swimmer and wish to swim on your own then you can do. The course in the lake is marked out with bouys which are pretty close to the edge of the lake the course measures 1000m. Today we had about 60 swimmers so there is always someone swimming in close proximity. If anyone turns up alone and wishes to swim with a partner the club will provide a member to swim with. The very first swim is free of charge.

Hope this helps but if you need any more info feel free to ask or pm me.

Nice one!! Thanks for the info Bathtub:)

I have downloaded a form and its ready to print off.

I have to wait for my new prog from my coach which will include the swim/bike sessions I need to do...

Ill PM you when im due to come down

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    bathtub... I noticed that on the website

http://www.meynellvalleyhunters.com/25.html (about halfway down)

it says you have to be a member of the BTF (insurance reasons?).

"Swimmers must be capable of completing 600 meters continuous swimming, be over the age of 14 (unless accompanied by an adult or parent) and be a current member of the "British Triathlon"."

is this no longer true?

This is a serious question cos my parents in law live just outside Burton and barton marina for a swim could be a deffo possibility when I am visiting... but I'm not coughing £40 just to achieve it :-)

didds

• bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Didds -You will be allowed to swim if not a BTF member,