Home Chat General Chat

Stretching

I really try and do stretching after training, and sometimes before, but i get really bored. Anyone else find it boring. The maximum time i can stand is about 5 minutes. WHo else has this problem, and what is the actual importance of it, i know that it is meant to prevent injury and aid recoevery, but how important is it to these...

Comments

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    Trust me, you'll realise the importance when you're struggling to lift your own arm without pain cos you've torn a rotator cuff, or sitting on the couch with a stress fracture. I always got bored with them and Im still dealing with the consequences after years now.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Think of stretching as part of the schedule, not as an add on at the end. look upon it as the first part of your recovery..would you skip eating & drinking/ nope, so don't skip the stretch. Find some new & 'interesting' stretches, both for your sanity & your tired muscles, i have at least 3 'routines' that some stretches drop in & out of depending on what I have done, how I feel etc.
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    I learnt some great simple stretches doing Yoga. Stretching becomes a skill in itself and as you become more supple it becomes more fun. Personally I think the feeling of well-being after a good stretch is really nice.