Home Chat General Chat

Who has the fear???

H2F - its normal. You'll be fine. The fear is all part of the experience and afterwards you'll realise you actually enjoyed it.

Prepare everything the day before. Only eat what you eat a million times a year.

Set 15 alarm clocks.

When the horn blows the fear disappears. The excitement takes over. Once that's controlled you focus.

And don't forget the "O" face for the cameras at the finish line [:D]

Enjoy it and come back a TRIATHLETE!

didds

Comments

• gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    I did my first Tri 3 weeks ago, and can honestly say that there was no fear, only excitement. I convinced myself that at that moment in time there was little more I could have done to prepare myself. I had done all the training I could, and I was as competent in any discipline as I could. I've now analysed my results from my first 3 tri's and can adres my weaknesses.

What really helped duringthe first race is that because everyone starts at different times, you couldn't tell who was winning, who was doing well, or who wasn't. You can't tell how well you did in comparison with anyone else until the final results are in.

The difference between "complete" and "compete" is the "L" for learner. Competing will only come once you know that you can complete.

Enjoy it, it'll always be the 1st one you've done.

• I've decided it may not be fear but just excitement!

Really looking forward to it and can't wait to get stuck in! I think the fear will come tomorrow.
  • Got my first tri tomo and the fear had taken hold.

The forum is just reminding me of what I've got to do and nerves are kicking in big time!

So many things to think about - kit, transition set up, breakfast, have I trained enough, what time to go to sleep tonight, what shall I have for dinner, should I of had pizza hut buffet for lunch, will someone kick my goggles off in the swim, and more bizarre and random stuff.

What am I going to be like tomorrow!!!

Hope others racing this weekend are a little less crazy than me!
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Fear (Or if you perfer - adrenelin/excitement) is brown.

You'll learn that in the morning.

Take some spare toilet paper with you.

G
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    GHarv wrote:

Fear (Or if you perfer - adrenelin/excitement) is brown.

You'll learn that in the morning.

Take some spare toilet paper with you.

G

This is true.... I remember o so fondly running to the toilet twice as I was literally bricking it.
  • CCSCCS Posts: 53
    Don't worry!

I was physically shaking before my first race a couple of weeks ago (tried to convince myself that it was just because it was a really early start and it was cold, but who am I kidding...)

Just take a deep breath before you start, and enjoy it!
  • I think I'll be ok on the toilet front - I don't seem to get nervous that way (thank god!).

Also found a quick poke of the stomach will tell you if you really need a wee or if its just nerves [;)]
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I have never been one to suffer nerves but for whatever reason I got nervous.... the brown way.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    AAAAAAAAAAHH, so THAT was you..............

[image]local://1517/BA93204E0B154632AF050C41B75E4BE8.jpg[/image]