Home Chat General Chat

Open Water Swim In Scotland

shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
Any ideas where I can train/ get experience at open water close to the central belt in Scotland.

Need to get experience on this front

Cheers

Comments

• There's a book called 'Wild Swimming' which may help you, they also have a website. There are alos numerous websites dedicated to such things - just google something like 'swimming in lakes'
  • dcdc Posts: 10
    shadowone1 wrote:

Any ideas where I can train/ get experience at open water close to the central belt in Scotland.

Cheers

Exactly what I want to know... I'm thinking Loch Lomond?! I tried Wild swimming website and a few others recently but couldnt find a great deal on them.

Are you doing Ayr O/W Sprint?
  • Central belt?...What about the one the strathclyde tri is in, Glasgow?

Ton o places up north....

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    dc wrote:
    ORIGINAL: shadowone1

Cheers

Exactly what I want to know... I'm thinking Loch Lomond?! I tried Wild swimming website and a few others recently but couldnt find a great deal on them.

Yes I am as live 15miles from it. This is the one that I'm using as a tester before London.

You live close by?
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    comanighttrain wrote:

Central belt?...What about the one the strathclyde tri is in, Glasgow?

Ton o places up north....

The strathclyde area in particular but that event is a bridge to far for me. Not yet anyway.
  • dcdc Posts: 10
    shadowone1 wrote:
    ORIGINAL: dc

[quote]ORIGINAL: shadowone1

Cheers

Yes I am as live 15miles from it. This is the one that I'm using as a tester before London.

You live close by?

[/quote]

In glasgow now but lived in Alloway for long enough and will be returning for the tri - will be first o/w experience...