Home Chat General Chat

So if you could go back...

BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
Not to do it??????

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    In the spirit of Coneheads training weekend & FAQ session...what was the main 'I wish someone had told me that' moment in your first race(s)?
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Not so much a race thing, but mine is "I would have stopped running for a week or two as soon as I felt the first twinges in the knee back in January, or was it December even".
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    First race? I'd have believed everyone who tried to explain about wobbly legs and how brick sessions might be a good idea.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    That even if i get really f*#cked during a race, i will recover in, say, a few seconds of stopping.

Fact.
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    I did my first race in 1998 and it took me 6 years to do my second.

For my first race I wish someone had told me that playing football 2 or 3 times a week is not ample preparation for running 10k off a 40k bike.
  • scott_burrowsscott_burrows Posts: 381
    That I could somehow come up with so much money to buy triathlon gear..

• BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Thanks to becoming a member of this wonderful forum I didn't actually have a 'wish someone had told me that' moment at my first tri. It all went quite smoothly thank goodness! Cheers to all those who offer friendly and good advice even if they have repeated it hundreds of times before!!!
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    That toughing it out and "being a man" when trying to run over 300m of gravel/loose grit in T1 bare foot is a bad idea. Given it was allowed, taking your run shoes pool side would have made for much quicker transition and probably improved speed in the run too.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    I would have followed through my 3 sports at county level when I was at school and taken up Triathlons at an earlier age.

Instead I found a social life. beer, fags ( the kind you smoke) and lost everything fitness wise.

Now at 31 - I have the chance to put it right....... Why don't we listen to our parents ?