Home Chat Race Chat

salisbury sprint - anyone doing it?

diddsdidds Posts: 655
may 24th... 400m/19 mile/4 mile

anyone else doing it?

didds

Comments

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Anyone that has entered Salisbury heard anything about start times etc yet?

When do concept sport normally give you your head's up for their events?

cheers

didds

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    I've entered, not recieved any information yet. The Winchester race info + number arrived 2 weeks before the event.
    race packet arrived with this morning's post!

:-)

didds

• risris Posts: 1,002
    i was considering entering salisbury but i was firnly informed by the wife that it was chippenham folk weekend and no i couldn't take off for the sunday and leave her with the babb.

so i'll do marlborough instead! [:D]

best of luck to both of you, i hope it's a good event and the weather is an improvement on today!

• Matt 1975Matt 1975 Posts: 7
    I'm in to do it, though my swim estimate was a little ambitious I think!! Does anyone know if you contact Concept will they change your seeding for the swim?

Not sure if my knee is going to hold up fo the run, but will give it a go!

I do hope the weather is better - On Saturday morning I was struggling to hit 20kmh on the bike on the flat in places into the breeze!

I put the time I got in my last tri down for the swim and have ended up in the second to last wave with one of the low race numbers [&:], and am bricking it a bit now, I think it's natural. Not sure if they will change your wave though - they won't do it on the day.
    If anyone wants to see the bike course then I have created it on Bikeroutetoaster.com - course name "Salisbury Sprit Tri Route"
    Matt 1975 wrote:

I'm in to do it, though my swim estimate was a little ambitious I think!! Does anyone know if you contact Concept will they change your seeding for the swim?

I did exactly that last week and got an email through this morning updating my swim time.

didds

Salisbury Sprit Tri Route
    Matt 1975 wrote:

If anyone wants to see the bike course then I have created it on Bikeroutetoaster.com - course name "Salisbury Sprit Tri Route"

how do you serach for it? all I seem to have a front page and the ability to make a NEW course?

didds

Ah, I removed it as it was wrong! I'll put it in again!!

Sorry mate! Best contact Concept today about changing my swim time!

It's on there now as 'Salisbury Sprint Tri 2009'
    Race number 23 if anyone wants to come and say hello..

In true fashion had to buy something new to race with (ie not following the adage about always practising with what you know so the bike has a nice set of new tyres!!!

See you tom morning...

I'm race number 25, if you haven't changed your wave I'll say hi poolside.
    and I'm 123!!!

Good luck chaps!!

I'll be starting hours before you blokes I am sure, but probably finishing at the same time ! we may be able to meet up afterwards.

??

didds