Home Chat General Chat

Polar moan..

BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
So my HRM finally gave up the ghost, battery wise, return to Polar for new strap, battery on 29th April....nothing since.

Phoned & after holding for 5 mins..leave a message, I did so, they of course called back today at 11am..leaving a message, so I return the call at 2.30pm...hold 5 mins, leave a message. Anyone else had poor service of these people? Suggestions to get myself heard?

Comments

• HeweyHewey Posts: 8
    My wife sent her Polar off for a new battery a couple of weeks before the London Marathon. Previously they've returned it almost by return post. This time it took over 2 weeks. She eventually got called back by an apologetic Polar rep but the watch didn't arrive until a few days after London.

Lucky she could borrow mine!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    After 3 phone calls...hang on for 5 mins & message each time & 2 sh***y e mails off me I got a call back at work & am told the techies are opening ones sent in on 28th April...co incidentally I sent mine in on 29th...still not happy but at least a reply.
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    had the same problem- apparently they have been unusually busy. My watch arrived at polar on 27th April and only got it back this Saturday. I called them after a week or so and they said they'd fast track it but it still needed another call to remind them. Though I did take advantage off an rs800 to rs800cx upgrade which does bike speed and cadence too (sensors required). Prob cheaper than separate computer and more convenient (or at least that's what I'm telling myself). Not that I can try them as I'm riddled with injury at the min! Though my swimming is improving ;-)
    looks like there's another unhappy customer in the wings - I received a package from polar this morning. "Oh nice they're giving me a freeby to say sorry" I thought. Nope, it's someone else's HRM... with the same surname - easy mistake to make I guess. doh!
  • johnashtonjohnashton Posts: 32
    What model is it chappers? I'm after buying a foot pod if there is one in there I'll give you £20 for it !
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    If its any help Suunto have been absolutely BRILLIANT the two times I have had need to contact them. First time was cos my T3C wouldn;t talk to the bike pod correctly... they sent me anentire T3C brand spanking new replacement. Second time my chest strap lug broke, so they sent me a new chest strap - didn;t even want the old one as proof.

Top company, fantastic customer relations!

But you probably didn;t want to hear that.

I'll get me coat. [;)]

didds

sorry dude, it's going back to polar... it'd put my karma out of sorts (and I need as much goodwill as I get with the list of injuries I have atm)
  • johnashtonjohnashton Posts: 32
    I've used them once and the customer service seemed odd to me. It sounded like it was just someone sat in the there garage answering calls. But I have to say that once I got over the fact that they just wanted me to post to them and gave me no reference number of anything. The service was good as the watch came back with a new battery though it was very expensive.

JP
    Seems in my case they are sitting in a garage NOT answering calls...
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    They've probably laid off half their staff.

The return to base put me off.

I changed the battery in my watch - sound doesn't work, and it is probably no longer waterproof. Hey ho. But the rest is OK.

I switched to Garmin because you can change the batteries in that.

But the polar is still good for compatibility with my Tacx Flow and bits of kit in the gym. So I might end up getting another strap - it's a good few years old now!!!

And lo! There was an email handed down from tinternet...£51, will be my pennance....£14 for a £4 battery!

A**e. Mind you it is also a replacement chest thingy..not the strap the transmitter & a new watch strap...& a new one would be a few squndred pounds so....I may have to cut down on tanning & hair products this month.
  • pataallenpataallen Posts: 94
    A mate of mine lost his watch to Polar, never to be seen again.

I changed my batteries myself; no problems