Home Chat General Chat

Heart Rate recovery times......(following training)

Gary - with regard to your resting pulse - your either very fit or your in complete heart block.

If I picked you up as a patient and you were unconscious for whatever reason - you'd get a mighty dose of Atropine to speed up the old ticker. LOL

Er... anyway, back to your question........ I have no idea. Conehead ? ? ?

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Hi fellow forumer's

I have a resting heart rate of about 45-55. I don't know what my max is but have seen it at 190 on the bike (was almost dead trying to get up a hill) and the same running (190)........

I've just been out for a 20 mins run (i know its pathetic) and when i got to the fronr door my HR was 170 - which is fine - no great drama.

My question is this.

How long should it take for my HR to get back to 55 (when sitting here typing this)? Its at 67 at the moment.

I want to know what the recovery time means.

Would like to hear from you!
    mmm.......its back down to 53 now........but its taken a good 40 mins.

@ Dazza

the 45-50 was last thing at night when i got into bed (i know its really really sad but it was when i first got it and i was like i kid with a new toy, we've all been there - Haven't we?)

Here's a link to showing a HR chart of my nights sleep:

http://forum.220magazine.com/tm.asp?m=19261&mpage=2&key=sleep&#26553

Thats £67.39 please.

can i get a full breakdown of the charge pls?
  • LeezarLeezar Posts: 36
    interesting post conehead, will be checking my heart rate more after training sessions

If the plateau takes longer than an hour does that mean the session was too hard for training purposes or just that I’m unfit....

you seem to spout knowledge from your head and money from your pockets :)

Sent £15.89 payment via paypal in advance
    Sent £15.89 payment via paypal in advance

this is a very worrying trend......[8|]
  • jasejase Posts: 47
    Off subject a bit...

Gary what HRM have you got...I love the graph it created and I want one

Cheers

Garmin forerunner - i have the bottom of the range model (the 50) but i guess the graphs and stuff are available across the entire range.

[;)]

• willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    I've found one on E bay for £88 with HR monitir watch , foot pod and USB for data transfer

Is that cheap ?

I really might get it.

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Amazon are selling it for 2p less. Price might come down more soon as the newer FR60 is released, without the footpod they are a bargin at £30 though - £5 cheaper than buying a replacement HR strap.
    Is that cheap ?

It is pretty good (as it comes with the footpod), but i know you can get them quite a bit cheaper without the footpod (about £35-45).

**THIS IS NOT A RECOMMENDATION**

I'm not sure its actually that good.....i seem to 'catch' the stop/start button when i don't mean to....which leaves me with no idea about training times :(

I'm sure its nothing really, just my short stumpy fingers or something!
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    garyroberts wrote:

I'm not sure its actually that good.....i seem to 'catch' the stop/start button when i don't mean to....which leaves me with no idea about training times :(

I'm sure its nothing really, just my short stumpy fingers or something!

I had this problem when wearing cycling gloves, found wearing it on the right wrist so the start/stop buttons were pointing away from the wrist solved this, if a little annoying at first.
    found wearing it on the right wrist so the start/stop buttons were pointing away from the wrist solved this, if a little annoying at first.

that's gold. simple but brilliant. why didn't i think of that?

mmm.....
    If you could spend your money again gary - would you buy that same one ?

I am looking for one and it seems like good value to me.

• hazohazo Posts: 18
    Been using my beloved Garmin 305 for the last year. Looks like you have a brick strapped to your wrist but wouldn't be with out it. Great for keeping track of milage (GPS) HR calories bla bla. Have an adapter thingy to fix it to the bike too. Something slightly weird about attaching a breeze block to my carbon bars!?!?

Yes in years to come people will mock my Garmin for its ridiculous proportions (in fact I think they already do) ..........but I will always love it![:)]

ooooh.....the pressure......

i got mine off ebay (used)......but with a new HR strap......i paid over the odds for a used one at about £45. So for the money i think its pretty good - especially now i have been told how to solve the accidental stop/start situation!

That said, if money wasn't a barrier i'd get another one that has 'zones' and beeps at you if you go outside of them.....that sort of thing.....and i'd get GPS on it too.

Anyway, given a £50 budget, yep, i think there is a good chance i'd get this one again. The PC integration is good and allows you to track performance over a set run over weeks/months or even years.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T BLAME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that one doesn't have the foot pod
    they're about £40-£50 if you buy separately!
    Oh I can't decide.....
    get coach to get you one....
    He can get trade discounts on HRM so I'll call him.

It's only cos I've got some spare cash floating about in my paypall account so I've got to spend it. The wife is on nights so what does a bloke do ( after a 2 hour marathon of getting the kids asleep!!!!) - Turbo session, food and buy some new kit.

Christ I'm sad [8D]
  • As you are a heart patient and talking about heart recovery then i also wanna suggest you to take best pill box organiser to buy at very low rate to organize your medicines.