Home Chat General Chat

Support for the larger lady..

Hi there looking for a little advice, I finally convinced my fiance to start training with me which is great but she is really struggling with running. The problem(s) are that she has 36F breasts which need some serious support. I bought her a sports bra but it doesn't seem to be all that good.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent sport bra/support for a lady with a larger breasts ?

I really don't want her to drop out of training because of this..

Thanks

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    have a look at these threads as your other half isn't alone with this particular challenge

http://forum.220magazine.com/tm.asp?m=13033&mpage=3&key=bra&#34401

http://forum.220magazine.com/tm.asp?m=30132&mpage=1&key=bra&#30520

www.boobydoo.co.uk have a good range plus some feedback as do [color=#008000]www.lessbounce.com[/color]
  • youd be best to put some pictures up so we can see the severity of the situation to provide an accurate solution.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i know this isn't much help for running but there was an integrated support swimsuit in the april (?) 220 mag. i think it was made by shock absorber, which i know my other half has used sports supports from and seemed to do the job.

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    surely (and as a man i may not be best placed to comment) it would be better for your other half to go and get fitted in a shop and get the right one, rather than you buying the bra - unless of course you just like buying bras (and who doesn't)?[:D]
  • CCSCCS Posts: 53
    I would highly recommend the Shock Absorber Max Sports Bra Top B4490 (level 4) in terms of support. It's a bit thick so doesn't dry overly quickly - but I have worn it under a trisuit and it felt fine for the whole race. Have just invested in the shock absorber bikini top which is a very similar design, but have yet to try this out other than for running.

I would second the recommendation of [color=#008000]www.lessbounce.com[/color] - great selection, and always very fast delivery.
  • JuniacroodeJuniacroode Posts: 51
    Ditto on the Level 4 shock absorber bra. I have always had this problem as well and would find myself in pain in that area. It was getting to the point I could be seen wearing up to 3 sports bras, which wasn't really ideal! Now I wear a good sports bra and I have a running top which has a built-in shelf and is really tight. It has made a huge difference, although now I don't have that as an excuse for wanting to stop :)
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    I wear a sports bra and a running top with integral support for my 34DD bad boys. Seems to do the trick, but i would make sure you get an anti-chafe material as some of them do rub quite badly, I've tried loads!

They'll get less supportive as they get more used/washed so if youre a bit skint like me you can just layer up. My friend wears three, but she has huge breasts!
  • Jesster wrote:
    34DD bad boys.

Best thread 09

• shock b4490 and b109+ work well (109 great under tri suit as dries quicker than 4490 which is double layered). I also have the new shock swimsuit, and whilst I haven't run in it, its great and really comfy in the pool! doesn't look too horendous either. boobydoo and girls run too both great and happy to give advice on which bra's work well with tri suits over the phone. my sister who is even larger than me and suffers from chaffing uses the enell (I am not sure she has swum in it yet) but that will be worth a look too if your fiance needs something even more supportive. Gotta keep those puppies under control.....
  • *Gets popcorn* [:D]
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    I used to go running with my housemate and no matter how much she tried, those babies were not going to be tamed. She even made a car hit the pavement once. I suggested taping them down but I just resorted to singing Carole King' "I feel the earth move". Anyway it was good training, it made me run faster cos she started chasing me.
  • i got to say im a fan of the larger mammories on a lady. if Bmans training partner was chasing me id slow down [:D]