Home Chat General Chat

Swimming hats suck

JessterJesster Posts: 482
I have no real answer about size but was wondering if your head had over heated? I had to use a swim hat in the Tri at the weekend and noticed my head was much hotter! If it hadnt been for the cold rain outside I reckon I would have got a headache!

Whats with the finge thing is a fashion choice or more areo?

Comments

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    I have never liked wearing swimming hats but I got a fringe cut a couple of weeks ago and was having loads of drama keeping hair under control. so i bought a red Zoggs swimming hat and wore it. Brilliant! Looked like a spaz of course but did the job.

Then fifteen minutes later my head was THROBBING. took off the hat and it eased a little so decided it must be that. My question is; do these lovely things come in different sizes? can anyone recommend one for a larger bonce? or maybe a thinner hat? has anyone had this problem?

I had a headache for the rest of the day and i never get headaches, it was awful!
    Well I do have an exceptionally large brain and the synapses are firing at super speed so maybe thats whats causing my brain to overheat? Too much thinking? [8|] Yes, that must be it . lol

The fringe is purely for aesthetic purposes i'm afraid, rather like a country and western singer's jacket.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I bought a zoggs swim cap (don't know why, I've hardly got any hair) and it is well tight! I had to trim off about half a centimetre on the bottom as I was in danger of blacking out wearing it.

Have found though that the free cap you get from events (well the one I have so far) is a lot thinner and nowhere near as tight, so I'll be wearing that in future. Also has the added bonus of showing off a little!
    Does anyone know where i can buy a really thin swimming hat from then? This Zoggs one is like a hairdressers highlighter cap! (only red)
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Try cutting a balloon in half. Should stretch OK.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Jesster, I just went through my stuff this weekend and found some old race ones and ones from the TCR show etc, and was wondering what to do with them all. They are the more comfy thinner ones. If you want, I can PM you my email and I can stick a couple in an envelope off to you in the post. Im finding them all over the bloody place!
    Saints alive! Between you and Conehead, I'll be set! lol Shall i send you a Blue Peter style stamped addressed envelope? [sm=kiss.gif]
    Ha, never you mind, we have loads of stamps floating about at work (I could claim it as an expense and my constituents would never know), so PM on the way!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Bman wrote:

Ha, never you mind, we have loads of stamps floating about at work (I could claim it as an expense and my constituents would never know), so PM on the way!

your constituents? Do you get your moat cleaned as well as free stamps? [;)]

didds

A moat would be great for OW swim training! Guess it would need to be cleaned for that though.
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    er...Jess, you did remember to leave your eyebrows out of the hat this time didn't you????

This would amuse no-one but me.......
    Yeah i tried it again but it wasnt as funny with an almost complete lack of adrenalin.....!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Have you got a large Tesco near you ? - I bought my swimhat from there ... yes strange I know .. but it was about £2 and much better than the one I bought from the sports shop that melted in the afternoon sun. Its blue and fits great fo rme and I have a large bonse :P

I'm not aware of a tesco and really wouldnt have thought of it!

Bman has come to my rescue tho and has assured me that a hat is winging its way to me as we speak......! [:D] Thanks, dude!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Jack Hughes wrote:

Try cutting a balloon in half. Should stretch OK.

I've tried this one, but it bloody popped everytime and I'm just left with a few odd shaped pieces. I've come to the conclusion that it's impossible!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    @ Dave - I have mastered the art of cutting the blow before it is inflated. I went through about 10 mpacks of ballons from the pub toilet and they didnt work at all, that bit on the top never inflated properly and mafe me look a tit!!!!!LOL
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Yeah! The "special" balloons from the machine in the pub toilet are the best thing to use. And they look really cool. Flavadave - you should definitely try this.
    Thanks for the hats Bman! I'll give one a whirl in the pool tomorrow morning!![:D]
    Good stuff Jesster! Swim like a fish!
    40 minute steady swim with fluoro hat....................and no headache! Cheers Bman!!! xxxx