Home Chat General Chat

Clumsy Tumble!

Had my first fall on the new bike tonight, and it was within 20 meters of my house!

The baby picked up a couple of little knocks and scratches, but guess rather do it at snail pace than hell for leather!

Comments

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Clip in shoes? lol
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    that's one more step towards your goal........it had to happen so now its out the way.....happy days
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    More to the point..did anyone see?
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I bet you got up looked around to see if anyone saw you and then looked at the bike as if it was the bike's fault.

You are now entering triathlete's world...
  • spr1983spr1983 Posts: 34
    Yeah they were clip pedals. Some guy was walking his dog. I was like "oh fcuk" as I was falling. He gave me a little look and asked if I was alright. So I jumped back on and powered away! did laugh though
  • Atleast he didn't laugh.

When I toppled over at a roundabout (not really concentrating on what side my body weight should be and had one foot still clipped in), someone actually wound their window down to let me know how much they were laughing!
  • The first day i had me new bike i dropped it in the bottom door of our flat (was carrying the helmet and a bag with oil n stuff in it) bike fell, scratched on the floor, then as i was looking at it in horror, the door slammed on it too [>:]
  • JoddyBearJoddyBear Posts: 66
    I must admit that following my spectacular flight over the bars the other week i managed to survive for almost a whole three weeks before i managed to fall off yesterday.

Stopped for a breather, went to start off again with the shoes already clipped to the pedals so that i could practice slipping my feet in on the move. First one went in fine, pedals went round, missed the other shoe which then went down and jammed against the floor stopping the bike dead and tossing me sideways into the road.

I don't think that the elderly couple watering their flowers opposite could quite believe what they were seeing.

I love looking stupid, even more so when my adoring public are there to watch [:D]