Home Chat General Chat

Feeling Special

BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
That made me laugh. I bet it was like out a comic lol.

All credit to you. It makes me nervous even thinking about having the balls to do that. Well done.

Comments

• BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    I finally plucked up the guts to turn up at my local pool in my wet suit. It was the equivelant of walking into a strange pub and having everyone stop talking, turn round and stare at you. It was a unique experience.

And I fully intend on repeating it until their educated enough to learn not to gawp every time they see a wet suit [8D]

On a serious note I'm glad I started training with it on again, I had forgotten how it feels over the shoulders and that will take some getting used to.
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    first time i swam in mine was at my local total fitness.....didnt fully appreciate how much faster i would be swimming .... so much so i only stopped at the other end of the pool using my head as brakes. In my wetsuit i couldnt have been much more conspicuous .... tried to stand up and shrugg it off as if all triathaletes stop that way ...... much to the amusement of all the kids, old grannies and life guards...
    madnurse wrote:

first time i swam in mine was at my local total fitness.....didnt fully appreciate how much faster i would be swimming .... so much so i only stopped at the other end of the pool using my head as brakes

My comp screen now has a fine mist of coke covering it. Thank you [:D]
    pleasure !!!
  • JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    Ooh so much to look forward too lol.
  • peterparkypeterparky Posts: 59
    Well done Bonus How funny was that!! - the trouble is i nearly went to my local pool in my tri suit on Sunday - luckily for all concerned kids grannies etc i didn't have time.

Anyone else been brave enough?

• BuddyBuddy Posts: 20
    Thank god my first one will be in a swimming pool so I don't need to wear a wet suit. It puts me off just thinking about it!!!
    I havent plucked up the courage to turn up in my tri suit yet... I think I'll save that delight purly for racing.
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Yes the first time you turn up at the pool in a Trisuit you think that you are the centre of attention. For the girlies out there it doesn't matter but for us blokes it is a bit unusual, just do it Bonus - you'll feel better for it[8D]

dAvid
    i'll be honest i have'nt worn my tri-suit for a training swim although prob will with my brick training. But once you have swam in a wetsuit at your local gym the cringe factor aint much with a tri-suit. i suppose if i had the bronzed bod of an adonis to go with tri-suit it would be better .... luckily the tri-suit i have seems to flatter my curves. Is all about peer pressure and the sheep syndome. We doont mind at all wearing skin tight lycra one peice clothing so long as others do but god forbid we dare to be the trend setter. hang on how many triathletes will be in total fitness this afternoon .... more than you think. I have had people come and chat with me about tri ... simply identifying me by the fact i put my goggles on before my swim cap. we are all in the tribe of tri

be bold ... be flash ... be not the sheep [8D]

madnurse (baaa !!!!)
  • peterparkypeterparky Posts: 59
    After those words from madnurse that's me in then bold as brass tomorrow nice little brick session (but probably more like creeping in with 20 mins to go and it's me and the cleaner)

baaa baaaa i let you know how it goes

Ian
  • RewRew Posts: 62
    I've never thought of turning up in a wetsuit at the pool. I usually swim in the evening (8:30-9:30 ish) so there aren't many people in there then and it wouldn't be that embarrising....may give it a go.
  • Seeing as we are confessing - my first time was in June, wetsuit on in the pool, strip off by the edge of the pool (had gear underneath!!) outside where beloved had my bike and then cycled away.

No one said a word then or after - but all the receptionists know me now![:D][:D]