Home Chat General Chat

London or Strathclyde?

shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
I'm looking to do an olympic distance tri as my A race this year and I've signed for the London but I'm considering going for the Strathclyde as its easier for me (being from Scotland).

I generally picked the London Tri as there was the sort of " I've done the London Tri" to it and I kinda feel that the Strathclyde doesn't have the same sort of feel to it. I'm not slating the race by no means.

What do other people think about the London Tri and for those who may have done both which one would say is better?

Comments

• The london one was my first, i loved it! best experience imaginable and the set up is outstanding.

Im doing the strathy this year admittedly cause im skint!

• julesojuleso Posts: 279
    My mate did it last year and she enjoyed it if I recall correctly. She did tell me though that you need to take something to wipe the oil off your face when you get out of the water! Nice....

• gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    I'm a Scotsman living in London. I'm doing the London Tri but would rather do Strathclyde.

Maybe we should swap![:D]
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    I've done London OD a few times cos its 20min away from my house and thats the only reason I did it. Notice "DID" not "doing", its a complete rip off, £75 and all you get is a pretty crap medal.

The Swim is ok although due to the popularity of the event each wave has about 400 people in it, thats ALOT by the way, all crammed into 50m x 50m start line. Ironman has alot more but the starting area is generaly HYYYOOOGE!!

The bike, well if you get Westminster its ok but the rest of the route is SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIITE!!!!!! The bike leg is fast though.......

The run, two laps around the docks......its hardly Windsor is it??????

Nah, save your money and do some much more interesting events..........
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I think my mind is made up to do strathclyde instead. A few other have mentioned that the London Tri is not the best.

What sort of set up is at strathclyde? I take it that it would be a decent set up?
  • man i loved london cause it was busy :S

Reading about the strathy it seems like a good setup have a read http://www.glasgowtriathlonclub.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=102&Itemid=137 , If you go ill see you on the start line :P
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I'll be there, on entry central at the mom sticking my name down.

You'll be on the start line and most likely you'll finish before me...