Home Chat General Chat

Triathlon becomes a handicap

BmanBman Posts: 442
Hey, with the good news of Maarten Van Der Weijden taking part in the Blue Seventy Great Big Open Water Swim at Dorney Lake after his fight with cancer, I thought it would be most apt to to put a blatant plug for some fundraising that a buddy and I have just started today.

From squash to pool to arm-wrestling matches, the guys at work are always competing, so now its a race at The British 10K London Run on the 12th July, and we are raising money for the charity that funds the cancer research lab that we work in (so does that mean we are raising money for ourselves?).

Anyway, its him vs me (surrounded by 25 000 other people), and I guess you are wondering why Im mentioning it here, Im hoping there are some generous folk who would help us get off to a great start, which would encourage later people to match the amounts donated, and Im also going to do the Sussex X-Trail Triathlon the day before to give him a fighting chance.

If you are interested in taking a peek at our justgiving webpage, please do, thanks

[color=#810081]http://www.justgiving.com/therumble[/color]

Bman

Comments

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    Hey Swizzlenap! Thanks, you are the first one to help us hit the target, thanks a million!!
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    No worries, mate. Happy to help a cause like this one.