Home Chat General Chat

SOREEN???!!!

SORRY TO BE IGNORANT BUT I HAVE SEEN ON A FEW POSTS PEOPLE talk about soreen now i know it is low fat, high carbs snack are people using this as a cheap alternative to energy bars please can any1 clear this up or am i just not getting it cheers[:)]

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Yup....& it tastes gooooooooooooooood.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Steve - A word to the wise! Dont try any other than orginal soreen!

I have just bought and tried the new rich and fruity one. Its pup compared to the orginal brown bar of pleasure.

An yes is the answer to your questions!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    In the supermarket this week I saw snack sized packs of pre-buttered soreen slices for the very very lazy.
    pre buttered and pre sliced. Who is doing this? Some small child in a third world country?
  • steve785steve785 Posts: 52
    cheers for that guys looks like i will be stocking up on soooooorrreeeen!!! gutted though just bought a box of viper extreme bars!
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Food of the gods mate
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Cinnamon and raisin flavour is good. It's on offer at Asda and i have a cupboard full.
  • Xyzee_ukXyzee_uk Posts: 100
    I have recently come to the belief that Morrisions own (Malty - not the super cheap type) malt loaf is actually marginally better than the original.

I imagine I will now be stoned for blasphemy!!
  • halfanironmanhalfanironman Posts: 129
    can you get this in ireland?

is it just a good quality malt loaf, or an actual brand?
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    It is more a religion than just a brand.

So you might not be able to get it in Ireland.

I've seen it in the north, not sure about the south though. It is a brand - looks like this

http://www.soreen.com/original_malt_loaf.asp

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Tesco currently doing BOGOF on the large packs ;)

• BexHBexH Posts: 226
    oh, just realised you beat me to it! I just put the Tesco's one on the other thread Doh
    Someone mentioned another brand of malt loaf on this thread. They also mentioned stoneing to death. I wouldnt waste my stones when I could use cheap malt loaf to loaf them to death!
    Blinkybaz wrote:

pre buttered and pre sliced. Who is doing this? Some small child in a third world country?

Just had one of the pre-buttered Soreen packs - not bad if you're in malt loaf withdrawal, but prefer my own thick slices and thin spread of Bertolli. Plus it costs 2p more than a whole unsliced loaf. Soreen obviously aren't passing on the ill-gotten savings from sweatshop buttering factories to us, the loyal consumer.
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    haven't tried it yet but have been on the lookout due to all the manic posts about it......just saw it in a shop tonight...also was on BOGOF offer...but there was only one loaf left!....just couldn't buy it!...i know tight a*se..