Home Chat General Chat

Eating my Soreen... a case for divorce??

I say leverage for some WAT relief..turn it to your advantage.

Comments

• scott_burrowsscott_burrows Posts: 381
    So..I get home from the Town Councils AGM on Tuesday night to find the wife has tidied up the kitchen.. cool.. I make myself a quick late night toasted sandwich when I notice half of one of my Soreen loafs missing!!!!!

I challenge the wife to what has happened while simultaneously stating Soreen is purely the food of Triathletes...

She thinks a moment then replies with..

"well.. I had a bath earlier and I guess I was kind of swimming, I walked around the house tiding up after you, which walking is just running but slower.." what about the biking I exclaim!! Again she thinks and then replies "Well I have hung your washed sports gear up on the exercise bike!"

So do I take this as the blatant p*ss take from her or perhaps I have finally brainwashed her into thinking about triathlons none stop too????

• how long before people notice she's missing?

I know a good place up by loch lomond...

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    Ah, but she did them in the wrong order, she's an imposter!
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    how long before people notice she's missing?

class. (this is not in any way an endorsement)!

I think she deservers some praise for her efforts in excusing herself from what is obviously a crime of hideous proportions - you should make efforts to limit her capacity to further improve such skills, remove all books of any kind from the house and make her watch soaps every evening for at least an hour, that should work. In the mean time (until she is sufficiently dumbed-down) i like the WAT leverage plan, get out and buy something quickly before she completely forgets this whole episode.

STAY STRONG!
  • johnashtonjohnashton Posts: 32
    I often read this forum thinking that some of the things people write are a bit to hard core for me. But this is so so funny. I think that she should be rewarded for the speed at which she came out with this. As some sort of compensation Sainsburys have it on buy one get one free, so you can go treat yourself, (and dare I say it) one loaf, (probably the free one) for HER...!!!

Seriously don't kick me off this forum for saying this please.

JP
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Hardcore? Us lot? The sheer fact we're here & not training tells you all you need to know, altho' to be fair I am at work, supposed to be working, but I have just led my weekly running group so thats training right?

Oh & you're fired...

Just kidding.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    you could just buy his and her's soreen...

didds

• TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228

I know this has most likely already been asked. However whats the big deal with Soreen?

Is it purely on taste or is there a nutritional value?

Or just a better alternative to toast?

I'm gonna try a loaf purely on feedback from this forum!

Cheers
  • So do I take this as the blatant p*ss take from her or perhaps I have finally brainwashed her into thinking about triathlons none stop too????

I think your lovely wife who shares your pain, shares your commitment, shares your goals, shares your dreams, shares your frustration (the list is endless) should quite rightfully share your soreen [;)]
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    or is there a nutritional value?

you asked.....

Per 100g

Energy 310cals

Protein (magic muscle repair serum) 7.4g

Carbs (magic energy stuff) 65.6g

Fat (someone said you need some fat) 2g

Fibre (conehead will tell you what fibre is good for, but i think it help you go......if you know what i mean) 2.7g

Therefore, relatively low in calories, loads of protein, plenty of good quality energy. JUST DON'T PUT BUTTER ALL OVER IT !!!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    garyroberts wrote:

Therefore, relatively low in calories, loads of protein, plenty of good quality energy. JUST DON'T PUT BUTTER ALL OVER IT !!!

What???!??!?!?!!! You HAVE to put butter on it, it's like the law or something isn't it?
  • risris Posts: 1,002

sorry, i'm with md6. i'm considering a rudimentary butter and knife assembly for the tri bars to ensure i get only the best soreen while racing.

• Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    md6 wrote:

What???!??!?!?!!! You HAVE to put butter on it, it's like the law or something isn't it?

Yeah - its like an old charter or something. Punishable by dunking.
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    No! Butter on Soreen is wrong.

Except for peanut-butter occasionally.

• Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Now that is just wrong! This sounds like the start of a raging debate.

Follow the shoe!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    "Can't beleive its not butter" , Flora or Bertolli - one of the 3 is a must for me on Soreen, otherwise it just gets stuck in my teeth ... and I don't get to actually eat the stuff.
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Tesco's 2 for 1 on large loafs folks! Just stocked up on my way back from running!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Baxk o9n the orginal thread. Scott sorry to say but you are going to have to make your wife run a 10 K race in her pants and vest like you had to at school when you forgot your kit. Then make her buy more soreen to replace the stolen half a loaf! Did she know how many calories that binge cost her!
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Maybe you could do what parents do when they catch their kids smoking: Make her eat like 8 loafs of soreen, so she is sick of the sight of it.
  • jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    Hmm. . . after reading this thread it reminds me of how protective I am of my 30+ cans of redbull stash.

I go mental when I'm driving the other halfs car and see crushed empty cans in the footwell [:@]

I have told her this is for serious training sessions and races only - she does neither. (although that is not strickly true - I am allowed to have a can if I'm driving 180 miles down south to my parents after a training session)

Do they do Soreen with caffine and tourine ?

It has a nice ring to it don't you think ?

• adamjadamj Posts: 7
    Butter is SO right on soreen.... but i have grown to love peanut butter (organic and crunchy) on it to! packed with protein and healthy fats...athlete food!