Home Chat General Chat

Wetsuits - 2XU Velocity V:1 or Orca 3.8?

A bit of advice from the experts please![8|]

I'm looking for a pressi for a friend, want to get him a really good wet suit for this years tri season, he currently has an orca, but its ancient. I've spent hours looking at web sites and have narrowed it down to the 2XU Velocity V:1 or the Orca 3.8. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated! [:)]

Comments

• PauleePaulee Posts: 3
    Thank you for advice. Hopefully get it sorted before his birthday!

• BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    The orca 3.8 is cheaper, also some of teh 2007 ones avialable at even cheaper price. He is used to orcas and you also know the correct size to get because its on the current one although if anything like me he now needs a smaller one because of toning up... Be careful spendning that mush money on something where the fit is eveything the best wetsuit in teh world is rubish if too big and useless if too small (also if too small might ruin your chances of a family) nobody want their daniels squashed.
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    just to throw a spanner in the works, i've got an orca wetsuit, but if i was buying (or getting it as a pressie) i'd want the velocity. that suit is supposed to be really good
  • PauleePaulee Posts: 3
    So much great advice!!! Thank you [:)]

See but now I'm confused - when I read about both suits, I thought the velocity sounded the dogs b...., but he had mentioned the orca 3.8! Birthday next week, anyone think I should give him the money and let him decide or just flip a coin and buy a suit - hell I wish he'd chosen an easier sport to belong to! Bowls or somthing - LOL!

• WoolyWooly Posts: 63
    Orca 3.8 as a present for a mate.....can i be your friend please?

[;)]
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I have the wrong friends. Velocity its gotta be, haven't tried it on in the lake but tried on the V:1 and orca 3.8 yesterday, the orca felt nice but nothing compared to the V:1. It could depend on how good a swimmer he is as the orca is more buoyant, the V:1 is designed to make very good swimmers better!