Home Chat General Chat

Team Laws website is go!

JulesJules Posts: 987
The Meru justgiving link is still not working.

Great site though, fantastic effort, well done to all involved!

Comments

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Not sure if I'm being thick here but do I have to chose one of those charities for my donation? I was rather hoping I could just pay it in and have Ben and co decide the division between the charities
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Bloody hell..... er right.

Cheers Conehead!!!

I am in the process of registering TEAM LAWS as a registered charity... believe me it involves filling in a 86 pages document and getting approval from all and sundry.

Once i have done this then I am opening a bank account in the name of TEAM LAWS so a general donation can be made. I am well aware that some people want to kindly make a donation to the TEAM rather than an individual charity.

I shall let you know asap when that happens ( everything takes time!!)

Thanks for all your support so far - lets see if we can make this HUGE.

If anyone is interested I can make regular updates with how things are going.

I've got to crack on now...... Oh er
    Oh if you have any questions that you want to ask then feel free to use the contacts page on the website or on here ( PM if you like)

Or benjilaws2001@hotmail.com

or

teamlaws@live.co.uk

or

07970 799 205

Ben

• ipay1980ipay1980 Posts: 84
    well done to everyone, and a great cause. i will certainly at least make a donation, or hopefully will try and raise some money when i do the IMUK .

what date is your big challenge? it makes the IM sound easy! upmost respect to you.
    Cheers ipay - good luck with IMUK.

The Event Date: 27th Jun 2010 but I am doing a few races before then leading up to it. In at the deep end as they say.

• Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Again - blimmin good on everyone involved with Team Laws!

Even though you might have some people waiting on the charity thing to come off before you see that cash coming in, there's so many pledges of support, it will end up being massive, so no worries there. I'm definitely among those supporters.

Better stop damaging yourself though Ben - that's probably not all that conducive to your training :o)
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    More than happy to donate to teamlaws!!! Fantastic work and I shall mention it to Carol tomorrow at Eaton and am sure she'll be more than happy to contribute too! [:D][:D]
    Ron - my knee is twitchy but ok. I booked fit for work as my back really has eased up alot.... I feel like I'm falling apart this week and I've not done any training at all. Even bottled the ride to work ( I'm on nights) in case I made anything worse. Healing very well which is good.

A bit run down though - usual problems for me - crap diet, long hours and not enough sleep. I need to staert looking after myself a bit better.

Back to it on monday with a swim and a bike session - I just feel so behind everyone else on here - but in a way that gives me an incentive to catch up.

Joolzd - thank you. Good luck with Eaton :)

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Great effort everyone!

Making donations now, and will sort out MERU once this is up and running. And good luck to you Ben with the training... I know things haven't gone quite to plan recently, but you're a bloody inspiration mate.

Oh and that bald bloke ain't so bad either!
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    willieverfinish wrote:

Ron - my knee is twitchy but ok. I booked fit for work as my back really has eased up alot.... I feel like I'm falling apart this week and I've not done any training at all. Even bottled the ride to work ( I'm on nights) in case I made anything worse. Healing very well which is good.

A bit run down though - usual problems for me - crap diet, long hours and not enough sleep. I need to staert looking after myself a bit better.

Back to it on monday with a swim and a bike session - I just feel so behind everyone else on here - but in a way that gives me an incentive to catch up.

Don't sweat it - you had some bad luck and a bit of a setback , but you'll be back training at full steam again in no time. Think of it as a rest for your muscles, tendons and bones - if not the rest of you! You've obviously got a lot going on, and then trying to fit this as well - I reckon you're doing pretty well considering.

You're right about the hours and diet though - when I was working 12 hour days and trying to fit in 4 nights training as well, it didn't take too long before things took a turn for the worst. I know it's easier said than done (especially when you've a family as well), but sometimes you just have to make the time to look after yourself.
  • WoolyWooly Posts: 63
    been hearing about TEAMLAWS on the forum for a while but didn't realise the enormity of your challenges. all the very best and when the TEAM is a charity i'll certainly be on and donating!